Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend what fuel line antifreeze to use in 1996-1997 era sleds? Last year the fuel pump in my 97 Indy trail crapped out and I want to be sure to not use anything in the fuel that may degrade the diaphragm in the fuel pump. Comments? THanks.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
To be honest, in 16 years of riding I've never used any kind of additive in my fuels to keep it from freezing. And I've never had a problem.

Maybe it's because I siphon all the old stuff out every year and put fresh in? Thereby keeping the build up of water down?

Bryan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool man, thanks. I also dilligently summarize and siphon the gas off.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Isopropyl, the Poo stuff or Iso-Heet.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by myvertxcape
[br]Isopropyl, the Poo stuff or Iso-Heet.
I agree with this.

But if you live in a state where Ethanol is required in fuel, you should not need anything, as the alcohol is already there.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
red bottles not the yellow bottles

·
Registered
62 Posts
I generally through in a bottle of Iso and an oz or 2 of Po Carb Cleaner into every tank. Don't get freeze-up and the carbs stay cleeaann.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I use it when temps are around 0f or colder. I have seen guys burn sleds down becasue the jets get semi frooze. It usually happens inbetween busy weekends up north. I use the red bottled heet. Or the penray stuff from the store. I don't use it all the time but usually every other day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts