Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I hope everyone enjoyed this season as much as possible although weather was not really on our side very often. I just wanted to show you why safety ESPECIALLY a helmet is so so important. I was out for a rip 3 days ago on a route I've travelled many times before. A 50lbs Tom (turkey) came out of the ditch on one of the road pass areas i was on. Split second was an hour and all I remember was thinking "no your not doing that". WHAM!! Those things are like cannonballs. I woke up face down on a bridge deck as the bridge was right there. 2 seconds or 20 mins i have no idea how long i was out. I stood up, in shock and dazed to all hell but went over my body for any trauma. No breaks aside from really badly bruised ribs left side and left leg was a swelling all the way up but no breaks. I thought where the hell is my sled? I saw the turkey lying on the road and looked at the tracks. I was shocked. The sled grabbed the bridge rail and it was thrown into a tree and into the river. I walked 15 mins the wrong way so turned around and walked 30 mins to a neighbour not far from home. Went to the bridge, he looked at me and just shook his head and said your the luckiest person I have ever met. Anyways, guys and gals. Please stay safe out there. Wildlife is unpredictable and life changes in a fraction of a second. I've been doing a lot of thinking about how close I was to death. Instead I went home that night and ate dinner with the wife and son. Never be complacent. Always be ready for anything! Stay safe my friends!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Wow, thanks for sharing. Moments like these define us. I bet you may hab an altered outlook on a few things going forward. As stated, very glad you are ok. Dust yourself off and get back on the horse.....with a helmet of course.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, thanks for sharing. Moments like these define us. I bet you may hab an altered outlook on a few things going forward. As stated, very glad you are ok. Dust yourself off and get back on the horse.....with a helmet of course.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Indeed I do. These things happen but it really does give you a shake and have you thinking about life. Instead of planning a funeral, my wife and son have had dinner with me every night. Gives me goosebumps thinking about it. Motor is good. Likely hydro locked but Ill pull it apart and find a donor body. Stay safe brother!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man.
I split the bird with my buddy who helped me pull the sled out with his tractor. I haven't ate it yet. I think it will taste bitter....lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts