Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone do any sand dune riding in the summertime?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
i Would If I Had Dunes, sounds really fun. Ive always wanted to rent a quad and head out to glamis or pismo

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I had the opportunity to ride Pismo this summer. It was pretty cool and a totally different type of riding than I do here. The bad part was that it was on a POS rental 400ex...not that they are bad quads, but it was hammered. Nothing like the 450r in the garage! I would go if you ever had the chance...for sure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I wen't 4wheeling at silver lake 2 summers ago in Michigan some really awsome riding. I would have went last summer but I broke my arm in a motorcyle accident.
[attachment=55090]
[attachment=55091]

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have dunes about 2 1/2 hours from here but the best place I've been has be St.Anthony's in Idaho.Really big dunes with razerbacks.
About a 9 hour drive from here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
if ya want some real dunes ya got to see glamis,located in southern california.ive been there twice on thanksgiving(opening week,due to the heat)theres about 10000 people camping there.what a party.if you want some awsome wheeling and to see the sickest rides,its the place to be....everyone should see it once...
Originally posted by RMKer
[br]We have dunes about 2 1/2 hours from here but the best place I've been has be St.Anthony's in Idaho.Really big dunes with razerbacks.
About a 9 hour drive from here.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i used to ride at Florence and Winchester Bay, OR. That was the best riding i ever experienced on a quad

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fatsam
I would go to Glamis but some friends of mine went there about
2-3 years ago and some drunk dude camped next to them, pulled a gun
on them.That ruined the idea of going there for me.
Don't know what provoked it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
we have little dunes type things and i ride them on my predator and it is soo fun, u get tired quick tho lots of work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i also experianced a fight at comp hill one night where it ended up that a couple of people pulled out guns and everyone scattered...the crazy people come out at night...you need to know where to camp...10000 people,theres bound to be some crazy ones....
Originally posted by RMKer
[br]fatsam
I would go to Glamis but some friends of mine went there about
2-3 years ago and some drunk dude camped next to them, pulled a gun
on them.That ruined the idea of going there for me.
Don't know what provoked it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts