Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if some of the parts are interchangeable between the 2 and 3, the rear arm on my 01 mxzx is bent on the top mount, the entire tube is bowed down about 1 in on each side and i need to replace a lot of the parts, and the main question i have is that the new on on the x sleds have 13in of travel and i am wonder if the parts i have to replace can be upgrades to make my travel up to 13in.
thanks matt

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
It would probably be best to just buy a new SC-10 III suspension or go to your dealer and replace the broken parts cause I am thinking that is pretty expensive.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the parts ordered today, the reason i asked it that my suspension was bent and i had to replace $300 in parts, so for 50 more i have a 13in travel know, ther parts that are the same from 2 to 3 are the front arm and shock and the rails except for the back block things are open more on the 3 but that not a big deal, the arm in the rear is different and i had to replace it anyway so i got one from the new x sled and the shock linls, and everything else is the same, so know my sc10 2 is almost a sc10 3 but know with 13in of travel

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Sweet! Hope it all works out for ya.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
by Friday i will have it together and i will post on how it goes, but all the research i did before the getting the parts and meassurments indicate that it will work

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it didn't work!! the rear arm is about a 1.5in longer and it cause the front arm to bind so you would need to replace the front arm also i think, but im not continuing trying to get thins to work and i order the correct part, so i have the parts for sale. if you are interested email me at [email protected] all these parts are never used just installed
1 rear arm 503 189 848
2 connecting rodes that are next to the shocks 503 189 726
1 lower shock mount 503 189 845
and there are come small parts that are also for sale like the bushings
i can take pictures if you want

1 - 6 of 6 Posts