Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-Polaris-Pro-X-Sled-BIN-2-9K_W0QQitemZ300053944656QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4847QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and notice the location is florida, i didn't know it snowed in florida.

·
Registered
821 Posts
100% scam

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
It may very well be a scam, but on a lighter note, I have seen snowmobile's in florida before! the only thing I can think of is that they must take a winter trip north to do some riding. who know's from the pic's it doesn't really look much like florida landscape but who know's for sure.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
It says he's ben a member since June 2000, he's got a 95.8% feed back, 59 positives and 1 negitive so ??????

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
"Don't bid without my permission otherwise your bid will be removed and negative feedback left"

What is the point of that?

·
Registered
269 Posts
The password was somehow found possibly by a fishing website and or e-mail.. When clicking on links be careful and look at the exact URL displayed at the top.. I've seen phishing URLs like https://scgi.ebay.com/ When in doubt of email, open IE or FireFox browser and type the URL in yourself.... Also see below..

http://www.identitytheftsecrets.com/videos/originalebayscam.html

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
First thing is first. It soudns like a scam but think about what that seller is going through. IT may be true! BUT ITS SOUNDS LIKE BS

·
Registered
661 Posts
What a joke! How's that $39 shipping! [:0]

·
Registered
821 Posts
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]It says he's ben a member since June 2000, he's got a 95.8% feed back, 59 positives and 1 negitive so ??????
He has hijacked somebody else's ebay name and password.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by _FURF_
[br]
[br]It says he's ben a member since June 2000, he's got a 95.8% feed back, 59 positives and 1 negitive so ??????
Well that would explain that then..How the heck do you hijack someone's account?? You think ebay would have better security than that, kinda scary when you think about it...

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I don't know how many that makes just in the last few weeks alone...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I emailed the seller(member not the email listed in the ad) and said I wanted to see the machine, then I got an email from ebay saying to beware of fraud, so I am wondering if I emailed the member and he didn't know about the sale in his name and contacted ebay about his account being hijacked?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
[br]
Originally posted by _FURF_
[br]
Well that would explain that then..How the heck do you hijack someone's account?? You think ebay would have better security than that, kinda scary when you think about it...
What happens is an ebay member gets an e-mail from "ebay" (the scammer) and it is in the form of a question asked through ebay [example: I like your product, How much do you want for it?] then when you go to answer is question a fake ebay site asks for your password, just like the actual ebay site does when asking a question. And BAM your identity has been hi-jacked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts