Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This semester we did a class tech ed project at our school we modified a 1998 ZL 500. We got it and it had struck a stump in a open field at like 50 mph. So it had extensive damage everywhere. We had to buy a new motor because the old one was cracked. We also had to get a whole new front frame. Which we got for free at a scrap yard.

When we got it done, in november we went out and tested it on the grass. We also had some kids bring there sleds to race it. this thing performes very nice. It has good throttle response. Many kids were afraid to drive drive it. Luckily i was the 3rd guy to drive it.

When we were racing it we noticed the front end was really low, so we had to get new shocks and spings. Thats why they look good in the pic.

This winter we will be going to ice drags up north and racing it to see how well we do. I might be a driver but they have yet to choose. So im hoping they choose me!

[attachment=53114]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
that is deadly our school uses cars and actually soups(SP?) them up pretty damn good it so deadly the school car did 12.3 on the quater mile i was pretty impressed my dad raced for the school since thats what he used to do

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
We keep asking our teacher if we can fix up a snowmobile to. But, you guys did a nice job

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
u in high school or college/university? itsd hard to blieve a high school would allow kids to bring their sleds and race on the yard with sleds. that would be very dangerous. so i dont know about this thread

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
That beats the hell out of the picnic table I made in my shop class. Make a jump for it next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by The_Mad_Warrior
[br]u in high school or college/university? itsd hard to blieve a high school would allow kids to bring their sleds and race on the yard with sleds. that would be very dangerous. so i dont know about this thread
He is 16 so probubly school! Also you never know what a school will do! Maybe they did let um bring there sleds! Heck maybe for "school's" sake they all came on saturday or sunday to test it!! And if you enlarge the picture everything is organized!! I don't care if its a 1 million dollar shop its not that organized like a school tech class! Why so negitive??
Jake

·
Registered
625 Posts
They used to rebuild cars that were in wrecks at our school.So I beleive this 100 percent.Nice job on the sled and at least someone is learning something in school.I hope your the driver Sabercat.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Can you tell me anymore about the program at your school and your project? I am graduating in May and am going to be teaching Tech Ed. and I would be interested in using this type of a project. Did you guys just basically work out in the lab? Or was there course work over this as well?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
nice sled, wish my school had that too, then again i wish my school had at least one shop

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
[br]u in high school or college/university? itsd hard to blieve a high school would allow kids to bring their sleds and race on the yard with sleds. that would be very dangerous. so i dont know about this thread
Happyfast79 and I rode his old yamaha gp around the parking lot at school a few times. lol on the way to school he was taking corners to fast with the sled in the back of the truck and it fell out and a school bus smoked it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
^^^ I couldn't resist laughing at that.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
^^^^^i wanted to cry, JK after you dig it out from under the bus you should give it to SABERCAT500 maybe he can fix it. :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Originally posted by Jake71Racing
[br]
He is 16 so probubly school! Also you never know what a school will do! Maybe they did let um bring there sleds! Heck maybe for "school's" sake they all came on saturday or sunday to test it!! And if you enlarge the picture everything is organized!! I don't care if its a 1 million dollar shop its not that organized like a school tech class! Why so negitive??
Jake
actually i was tyring not to be negative or tyring to say "YOU LIAR!" or anything its just really hard to believe thats all. my school rebuilds cars but we never get to drive them but i guess there is no harm when i think about it. they dont need insurance or a trail pass since its on private property and as long as the kid has his sled licence which he more then likely does then there is nothing wrong with it. so my bad never though the whole thing through i guess.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Now thats a sweet class to take!!! If they dont let you drive it then just bring your sabercat and smoke it!!!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
in our school we can bring in our own snowmobiles and work on them in the machanical shop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts