Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that you couldn't put screens on a fan cooled sled. I have a 2002 z440 sno pro that is fan cooled, and wanted to put some on it. And help would be great! thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
this is a myth. i have heard this before. the screens don't cut down the air that gets into the hood significantly. my brother has a 99 jag 440 and has run the sled since he got it with hood screens. zero problems in temps from sub zero to over 40*F, sled has over 4k miles.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, I didn't think it would hurt, But I wanted to make sure before I did it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The only thing that could be a problem is when in powder the snow will build up in front of the screens cutting off air flow. I have screens and mine does this, but keep an eye on it and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks for the help everyone! I guess I'll put some on it. I'll try to get some pictures on here... thanks again for the help

·
Registered
335 Posts
The onlything your gunna have to watch for is the overheat light. I dont know if a fan cooled has one because ive only had liquids. Unless that comes on there's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, my fan doesn't have a light, my saber cat does , but this sled doesn't

·
Registered
335 Posts
Then just stop if it starts to hesitate when you go down the trail. That way it doesnt overheat too much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
OK I had the screens on my hood untill last night. I went snowmobiling in 2-3 feet of powder the snow did build up in front on top of the hood cutting off air flow. I've got a air temp gauge on my sled I notice the temp going up so I stoped to check out what was going on and saw that the top of my hood was covered in snow I couldn't even see the screens so I ripped them off the one side where the fan is.[galleryattach=14244]

·
Registered
101 Posts
our 96 fan cooled jag that we bought brand new came with black screens from the factory, so it can't be that bad.
as long as they don't plug with snow you'll be ok, but that holds true if you have screens or not, the holes can still get plugged.

kinda just common sense to check them after you go through some real deep stuff.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yea, my moms 94 440 cat has factory stock hood screens. My dad put a set on my sisters Z440 sno pro, which has a cooling duct on one of the vents, and he just left the screen off that individual vent, and painted the inside of the duct the same color as the screens. Like everyone else said, watch out for snow build up though, that might make a difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts