Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I am curious to know if I really need to use the screw for my rear sliders on my rear suspension, the sled is a back up, and gets used little, because my brother right now is the only one that uses it, and he only rides around the lake every so often, so I need to know if it is nessecary for the screws that go in the fron of the sliders are really needed for this sled.

Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I wouldn't ride without it. If you dont have the proper screw put a bolt with a nut on the end so the slides can't "slide" out. Sorry had to.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Yes they need to be there, unless you want to rub the sliders and track off.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Without it you risk having the sliders come out and ruin the track. And possibly hurt whoever is riding.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Agreed..........
Put the screw on.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Just like everybody else said...Put the screw on or something is going to get hurt.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the suspension wont be going in for a little bit now because something needs to get rewelded. Also something else I learned, that the holes that are drilled in the sliders I got dont fit with the holes in the suspension, I didnt know that you have to take some off of the front of the slider too. Well now im just going to drill a new hole in the slider and put the screw down through the slide, and trim what excess the is off so that doesnt mess up the track and the clips.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I wouldnt do that, the hole is up there for a reason, so as the track doesnt rip the slide out. I did the same thing, in my younger years, man I was so mad, that the holes were off so much, so i drilled a new holeground a nut opening, and went riding. It worked fine for a while, then the "thump thump thump,whack". the slide had pulled out just enough to catch and curl back, pulling the hole apart. ended uppulling the slide off, and babying it back home 15 miles away.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just because your not going to use the car does that mean you shouldnt put the lug nuts on ?? Just joking !! put the screw in or the sliders will peel off and give you major problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts