Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved an email from a local dealer on a 2004 rev 440, with a really really low price quote. Then when i called to put money down he said the quote was wrong.. wrong by $4000. Talk about your all time let down!! I should print off the email and bring it in to that shop and demand that low price.... [}:)]

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
$4000. off the actual price? What is the actual price?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I would or else its false advertising!!!! How much did they say they wanted for it?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
if you have the email, you can take him to court and forsure youll win..same thing happened to us but with a boat motor, the guy quoted 1500 ended up he wanted 4000.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
$2000. for a 2004 rev 440? I think that is a really really good price.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i thought, thats why i called him back with credit card in my hand.. then he goes... wait. what price did i quote you? OH no the real price is $5900 out the door not $2000.

·
Registered
615 Posts
do you have documentation stating the 2000.00 out the door price??
if so definatly take it to the dealer, if they dont give it to ya for that price thats false advertising.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Why would they put it down for $2000. though? Thats what I am wondering about.

·
Registered
577 Posts
They don't have to sell you anything. They offered it for $2000. But then changed their minds. They (and YOU) didn't sign a contract.
You were not SCREWED, You didn't buy anything. You are just whining.

Read this excerpt
...*A shop owner displaying their goods for sale is generally making an Invitation to Treat. They are not obliged to sell the good to anyone who is willing to pay for them, even if additional signage such as "special offer" accompanies the display of the good. The distinction also means that if a shop mistakenly displays a good for sale at a very low price it is not obliged to sell it for that amount.

So even if you go into the dealer and there is a sign on the sled that says $2000 out the door, they don't have to sell it for that price if they realize it is a mistake and should read $6000 out the door.

So, no going to court here, you'd lose.

edit: When you go to walmart and bitch that whatever you are buying was on a rack that said 50% off...and you want it 50% off.. they sell it to you because they want to keep you happy as a customer and keep you coming back. And a sale is a sale. Not becuase they have to or are legally responsible too.

It would be stupid to think a dealer would throw away $4000 just so you are happy! You might go in and ask for a better price...maybe he will throw in a cover?? or a belt...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]Why would they put it down for $2000. though? Thats what I am wondering about.

who knows, could be a mix up, or maybe they wanted to get rid of it... i went to a dealership last year when i got my new sled and they wanted to sell me a 05 of the same model for like 1-2 grand off the original price.
even so though it would be considered false advertising i think still..

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Yup been there with polaris on a polaris 785 slx. Except I had a signed contract and the price went up(unforseen production costs). I could of fought for it but even if I won I would have been out the lawyer fee which was twice what the price increase was.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
by the way I'm not whining or bitchin, My sled will do just fine. I was just way stoked to get another sweet sled for cheap. AND I am the offroad manager at a local shop here, in lakeville. I know how it works. JUst thought I would send out a topic to be carefull when quoted prices at shops.WE MAKE MISTAKES!!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Quotes are just that. I was going to buy a truck and the msrp went up $5000 in 2 mins. That was a real shocker. It is all numbers till the paper work is signed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
doesn't it say prices are suseptible to change without notice on all the sites?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you bet they say that, I only posted this for fun, I went from really stoked , dreaming of hittin gnarly ramps, and ditchbangin with my buddies on my new CHEAP rev.. to hmmmm maby my sled could use a tune up.. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts