Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, as you can read the season is over up here in the northern ontario. There is literally no snow anywhere anymore which makes me very mad. Only 2 months ago the trails were groomed and ridable so you can probably image my anger. Anyways I have decided to do my own summerizing this year, last year I took it to the store I bought it from because summerizing came with the package.

My questions is what do you guys do from summerizing. Besides the usual cleaning and greasing how do you fog your engine or at all. I have heard of guys spraying into the intake with the engine running, others remove the spark plugs, spray alot in and then manually turn over a bunch of times with the start cord to get the oil everywhere. Im running a 2004 arctic cat f7 snopro if theres a specific way of doing things but I imagine its all the same.

So yeah whats you summerizing routine. Also what grease do you guys use from greasing up the suspension and all the moving parts?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Stabilize gas in tank.

Just what you said. Fog the carbs or intakes heavily with it running, then pull plugs fog the crap out of cyl, put plugs back in and with key off and kill switch off turn over several times.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
WoW, No snow... Geradlton is way up there to, up by Longlac right?

Just what Offshore24 says! That is how I have done it years past. Last year I was bad and did not summerize, Things were fine but it should have been done.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
NorthernMedic said:
TRICKPaint said:
Bingo, 20 minutes west of Longlac
I know this is off topic but...

I have been to Longlac a couple times. Have you made it down to Manitouwadge on your machine. I have stayed there several times and even did some artwork there...
20071128173620_14169.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you want you don't even have to fog the engine, just put some Sta-Bil in the tank, top it off, and start the sled once or twice a month, thats what I do and it makes it so much easier to get running in the winter.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I've never had problems with the first startup of the year when using fogging oil.

Now, back in the day and I mean WAY back when we used motor oil instead of two stroke oil to premix and summerize, there were problems. You could foul a new set of plugs on the first start up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TRICKPaint said:
NorthernMedic said:
TRICKPaint said:
Bingo, 20 minutes west of Longlac
I know this is off topic but...

I have been to Longlac a couple times. Have you made it down to Manitouwadge on your machine. I have stayed there several times and even did some artwork there...
20071128173620_14169.jpg
Yeah yeah been down to the manitowadge, very nice area. Good trails to lots of fun

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Summerization tips:

1. Drain all gas out of tank & run/pull sled over with gas line off to get all out of lines.

2. Add 50ml of oil & a little fuel stabalizer to 1 gallon of gas in a can, and mix well.

3. Then add can of gas/oil/fuel stabilizer into fuel tank, turn on lines (the fuel shut off switch) , get sled running for about 60 seconds, add some fogging oil into carbs, then turn off line and run it untill it runs out..

4. Drain remaining gas out of fuel tank.

5. Put about a pop bottle cap of normal snowmobile oil down the spark plug holes and rotate motor a few times slowly to get oil into the crank bearings good, pour a cap full into each cyl. and rotate slowly about 10 rotations. then repeat once

This way it has plenty of oil in the bearings, and is summerized well.

where do you store sled? in your garage or covered up outside?

1,792 Posts
MasterSkitelz said:
If you want you don't even have to fog the engine, just put some Sta-Bil in the tank, top it off, and start the sled once or twice a month, thats what I do and it makes it so much easier to get running in the winter.
Since I didn't come close to getting my riding fix, I'll be out at least once a month all year long starting it and listening to it run. So I'll have no need to summerize it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts