Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Seasons over

4K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  Offshore24 
#1 ·
Well, it seems 2 days ago made my last ride of the season ( unless i can talk my dad into driving 7 hours north north when he gets home ), so I figured I'll share a couple pictures from it.
Snow Snowmobile Geological phenomenon Vehicle Racing

Snowmobile Snow Vehicle Geological phenomenon Extreme sport

Sad to end the season with such a shortage in mileage. I had a late kick off to the season and it ended early when I just get my sled tuned to where I wanted it.

See less See more
#2 ·
sledcrusher said:
Sad to end the season with such a shortage in mileage.
LOL! Sorry, but that cracked me up. I don't think I've broken the 400 mile barrier in 4 years...maybe more. I miss the days when I lived at home and had nothing better to do but ride sled. Then reality set in... [^]

#3 ·
I hit 400 miles per season twice in the last 4 years... The 2 in the middle combined are almost 400.

Yeah, I gotta agree. Nothing like just going to school, and having daddy buy sled parts, and not have to pay rent. Marriage, paying your own mortgage, parts, insurance, heat, car payment, and working a fill-time-plus job will definitely put a crimp in your riding.

Quit your whining. [thumb]

#5 ·
Same here, season is over unless we get more snow which there is none in sight. Got over 600 miles in this season but only 200 are from MN, the rest are from Marquette and Houghton MI.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
I hit 400 miles per season twice in the last 4 years... The 2 in the middle combined are almost 400.

[highlight=yellow]Yeah, I gotta agree. Nothing like just going to school, and having daddy buy sled parts, and not have to pay rent. [/highlight=yellow] Marriage, paying your own mortgage, parts, insurance, heat, car payment, and working a fill-time-plus job will definitely put a crimp in your riding.

Quit your whining. [thumb]
I agree, except I buy my sled parts, my trips, my sled. I work full time but what really helps me is my parents don't charge rent. My riding is kinda limited because my dad is the only person I know nearby who has a sled. I do not like riding by myself.

#6 ·
All the miles you want in Jackman area. I did a little over 150 on Wednesday up there.....and I didn't even venture towards Pittston Farm or the Golden Road. Some of my friends who live up there went to Penobscot Lake yesterday.

I can go from Kittery to Fort Kent in less than 7 hours, so I'm not sure where you are in ME that you'd have to drive 7 hours to go riding.

.....are you jumping off dirt in those pics??

#7 ·
Yeah riding on daddy's dime would be nice, and trust me I see plenty of them around. But for some kids like myself, their parents where never into any ORV fun. I always spent my summers working my a$$ off so I can have and maintain my toys, you take more pride in your machines that way. Now that I'm pushing thirty, I still feel like I'm fifteen anytime I go for a ride. As for my season... it never started. My lake michigan snow belt got hosed this year. El Nino turned our usual 123" to 68", and it melted as soon as it came. Super bummed, but a change in season just gives way to different kinds of fun

#11 ·
Needmosnow said:
Yeah riding on daddy's dime would be nice, and trust me I see plenty of them around. But for some kids like myself, their parents where never into any ORV fun. I always spent my summers working my a$$ off so I can have and maintain my toys, you take more pride in your machines that way. Now that I'm pushing thirty, I still feel like I'm fifteen anytime I go for a ride. As for my season... it never started. [highlight=red]My lake michigan snow belt got hosed this year. El Nino turned our usual 123" to 68", and it melted as soon as it came.[/highlight=red] Super bummed, but a change in season just gives way to different kinds of fun
[highlight=red][/highlight=red]
I know how you feel there since we are basically neighbor's!
I only got 33 miles in this season. But it was better then last year! Last year I did not get any riding in. Because I had shoulder surgery in January.

#12 ·
We had quite a bit of snow around me, but it drifted pretty good when it snowed and with the high temperatures it left a lot of bare spots. There is maybe just less than a foot of very crunchy snow in some spots; I'm 200lbs and I can stand on it! I don't think I broke 50 miles this year, but it was more than last year. I guess my new ZR will have to wait another year; I put most of those miles on my Moto-Ski! Going to class all week and working all weekend makes it difficult to do anything. Plus, one weekend of riding will bankrupt me with my crap-paying part time job.[Disappointed]

#13 ·
anchor said:
Not hard to ride a lot wherever you are. Just need to want to! ;))
I got 500 miles on my srx in s/w WI in less than two months. Plus some on the '81 Everest 500 (when it ran).
Not hard at all[thumb], but you have to have the "want to ride" and not just play around.[thumb]

#17 ·
I have my own house, work 50hrs a week, Married, and have gotten 1,037Miles so far this year! whats your guys problems??

#19 ·
Pharotek said:
I have my own house, work 50hrs a week, Married, and have gotten 1,037Miles so far this year! whats your guys problems??
Same here!! I got just over 900 miles between 2 sleds and wore out 2 set's of carbides and 1 belt. Oh and a broken spindle.

#20 ·
Time to get the Buell out. I am sick of working in this crap too. Not a great season for me due to a few things but I know some peeps got some good mileage this year. The sled ran great and I am happy with the way things turned out, although another 1k would have been nice.

#21 ·
If this is a whining match, I got most of you all beat. [cover] Only have 20 miles this year. [Disappointed] We only got 3 snowstorms that gave us enough riding snow this season. For the first storm, my sled was in the shop preparing it for the season, and the last 2 I was working on my trailer so I could go to the Northern lower peninsula. Now it's finished, there's no snow. If we get another storm, I'll be there.
On the plus side, I should be ready and one of the first people out riding next season since I have nothing to wait on.

#22 ·
Here in Central Newfoundland we're just getting pounded! Got a great base from the bad conditions in Jan/Feb, but now we're getting dumped on... too bad I'm only home until Sunday evening... Still enough time to get some pow riding in!

Quick shot from a video taken today:

Looks like I may still get some riding in whenever I'm home in the next month or so. I am prepared though if this is my last weekend this year!

#23 ·
Heading to Jackman tonight> there is still alot of riding left up there. Been putting in some good hours of riding up there!

cooper30 said:
All the miles you want in Jackman area. I did a little over 150 on Wednesday up there.....and I didn't even venture towards Pittston Farm or the Golden Road. Some of my friends who live up there went to Penobscot Lake yesterday.

I can go from Kittery to Fort Kent in less than 7 hours, so I'm not sure where you are in ME that you'd have to drive 7 hours to go riding.

.....are you jumping off dirt in those pics??

#24 ·
Blecter said:
Here in Central Newfoundland we're just getting pounded! Got a great base from the bad conditions in Jan/Feb, but now we're getting dumped on... too bad I'm only home until Sunday evening... Still enough time to get some pow riding in!

Quick shot from a video taken today:

Looks like I may still get some riding in whenever I'm home in the next month or so. I am prepared though if this is my last weekend this year!
wow youre lucky, here in western nl we have barely any snow!

#26 ·
Hahahaha, I did 250 miles yesterday with 11 in our group. We started out in West Forks, ME and went out to Rockwood, across to Kineo, NE Carry, Chesuncook Lake, Chamberlain Lake and the chochoo's.

Hit it beyatch.
Snow Winter Sky Freezing Horizon

Getting it together for the big ride.
Land vehicle Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Car

On Ice in front of Birches
Snowmobile Snow Vehicle Winter sport Racing

11 on Moosehead Lake at Kineo
Geological phenomenon Snow Winter Mountain Arctic

11 on Chamberlain Lake
Snow Snowmobile Winter Arctic Vehicle

Snow Winter Transport Vehicle Tree

Snow Motor vehicle Winter Vehicle Tree

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.