Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the seats from the new IQ chassis would line up around the gas tank of an Edge? I like the height they have compared to the Edge seats.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i would assume that the from of the seat would be too high and wouldn't line up right, maybe try looking for a gas tank and the seat

·
Registered
985 Posts
there was a pic floating around here of a guy from snowest who put an iq 440 seat on an edge. but i personally didn't like it. i'd say go with a Pro-X shorty seat or a BOSS High Rise Flat Top.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bulldog, now that you mention it, I do recall that picture. It didn't look very good. I'll have to see what I can find. I'd like a little more height.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Why bother? Just get a Pro-X, Pro-XR or X2 seat. Those will bolt right up (but you will need to drill 2 new holes for the XR or X2 seats to work).
Ive got a Pro-X seat on my '01 600 EDGE X right now and I just bought a Pro-XR seat. I like the Pro-X seat (its a lot better than the stock EDGE seat) but I like the taller, more rider foreward seating position you get with the XR seat.
Im thinking about selling the Pro-X seat if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might be. I'd have to see pics of exactly what seat we're talking about.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
My friends dad put a Fusion seat on his edge. There was a bit of a gap around the gas tank. He threw a map bag on the gas tank and it looks good to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts