Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering how you repair a tear on a vinal snowmobile seat. It is on an older sled (85 polaris 600). The tear is were the hump is on the back were it meets the part were you sit.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
you should be able to buy a vinyl repair kit at your local auto parts storei have used em they work pretty good make sure the vinyl is real warm when u work on it or it will be bridle from the cold good luck man

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you aren't into fixing it yourslef.. I took my seat into an Auto Trim shop and the fixed it for a reasonable price ($50 canadian) looks as good a new...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That is a common place for polaris seats to rip. It is hard to repair them with any sort of kit. I agree with 650 Indy if you can afford it. Take it in and get it sewn.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just purchased a new skin for my seat (Royal Distributing) for about $90 bucks cdn.

Easy on and it looks great, just remove the old one, slip this on and staple the bottom. Just like you were uphostering a pillow.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I've been using fishing string to sew up cracks and tears, just to keep some of the water out. It's not the best, but it does hold for about two years. Then I'll have to get a BOSS seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts