Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding today throught the woods. I ran over a branch with the ski, and the end stuck up, snagged the left side of the seat and tore an L shaped tear about 6 inches right above the word POLARIS on the seat. How should I go about fixing it? I got some duct tape on it now, but man does that look like white trash.[?] How do you take the seat off it too? I've nver removed it before, it it bolted on, or just stapled into place?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Most of the newer Polaris sleds have 2 bolts in the back trunk and a cable that is connected with a spring in the front. I would take the seat off then take the cover off the seat and either have it repaired or go to your dealer and get a new seat cover and put it on. It's not that hard to put a new seat cover on you just need a good staple gun. Riley

·
Registered
864 Posts
Seat cover=300cdn.. I could'nt believe it.
I had a tear in mine just above the light, was 3 inches long. Look in the phone book for vinyl repair. The guy I talked to specialied in pool liner repair. He also fixed car seat etc.. Did'nt have to take it off. But imagine the size of the rip might dictate something else.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The seat comes off pretty easily, be careful of your tail light wires that are between the seat and tunnel.
Any upholstery shop can repair that for you for about $50 - $75. I had a buddy that went the duct tape route, and it didn't last too long & looked like hell too, his foam rubber ended up getting saturated from the snow. I bet that seat weighed 200 pounds and was hard as a rock!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Wow I have replaced 3 seat covers with origional Polaris covers and the most I ever paid was $75.00. Aftermarket seat covers from Dennis Kirk are around $100.00 I did have a seat cover repaired but it was pulled apart at the seem. I have also bought complete seats at swap meets or new take off seats from dealers for less then $100.00 There are a lot of options. Riley

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
There is a way to repair that seamlessly.
There is a place here called Fibrenew that does vinyl and leather repairs.
Here's a link to find one near you.
http://www.fibrenew.com/us.php

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Smoke..
Go here and look up your sled man.
That'll show ya how.

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great help guys, I got the seat off, and sent out to an upholstry shop, they said that they would fix it for 50 bucks, I gotta get the pics up on here, its a nice gash the size of your thumb and index finger when you make an L with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts