Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering if this has happened to anyone else out there.
I have a 99 polaris xc, in really nice condition, anyways i was out for a ride, it was cold out probably -30. Well after the ride i was cleaning up the sled and i noticed the seat got all ****ed up!
Along every seem (4 of them) it had completly ripped in 2! so now i have 4 nice long rips the whole way across the seat.
Does this happen to other people? is this common in polaris sleds? I just dont think these seats should have been made so cheaply that they would do that. Not the end of the world just thought it sucked a bit. ha!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It's bound to happen sooner or later. I try not to kneel on mine whenever possible. My last seat stretched and cracked in the middle, and on the seams.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Do you know how brittle just about everything gets at -30?

Anyways, I just split my first seat this past weekend. See, I'm 6'4" and my ape legs basically hit the handlebars on my XCR. So I don't sit where you're supposed to. I sit on that uncomfortable rock known as the storage compartment for hours on end. That useless little backrest thing didn't like it so much and puked on me.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]Do you know how brittle just about everything gets at -30?

Anyways, I just split my first seat this past weekend. See, I'm 6'4" and my ape legs basically hit the handlebars on my XCR. So I don't sit where you're supposed to. I sit on that uncomfortable rock known as the storage compartment for hours on end. That useless little backrest thing didn't like it so much and puked on me.

Bryan
HAHA! At 6'3" I need to set the bars up at position 4-5 while sitting on my Fusion to get comfortable. Did a little jumping today and my knees hit the cowl a couple times, hurts like a mofo. Even in position 7 I have to lean a little forward when standing... Sucks being tall don't it?

·
Registered
725 Posts
it happens, buy some black vinyl tape, take off your seat, and just wrap it, if you do it nicely it wont look to bad and it will be more durable and cheaper than a new cover, duct tape works okay as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts