Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll, im thinkn of changing the seats on my Storm and RXL. I want something more ditch and movement friendly. Also something little taller. I am content with the tanks on both sleds and the Storm is getting stretched to 136. The RXL is already 133.5 and im really just wanting better seats. I mostly ride ditches,fields,limited trails and might try some powerder this year. Just interested in what ya'll thought. Thanks ya'll, Brian Lee.[8D]

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
how much money you gonna spend? I put an edge seat on my 91 indy with no problems. Any seat can go on any sled- just depends on how much work you want to do.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've put a couple EDGE seat and tank combos on. The EDGE tanks fits perfect on those sleds at most all you have to change is the oil tank. Polaris used two different oil tanks, one works with the EDGE tank, the other doesn't. Both oil tanks are mounted exactly the same way, so all you have to do is remove one bolt to change them. Then once you have the correct oil tank mounted the Edge gas tank slides right under the steering hoop. There is only two bolts holding the Edge gas tank to the sled so it is very easy. Then when you have that done the Edge seat slides right into the Edge tank and install two rear bolts and your done. Now one more thing, the Edge seat has a bend in the bottom plastic for Edge tunnels, to get the best fit drill holes in the plastic ribs of the bottom of the seat right on the bend. This way when you tighten the seat bolts it pulls the seat flat. This is a VERY EASY SWAP, if you need pictures I have some.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok,thanks first ya'll, next question, do i have to do the edge tank with the edge seat. Can i do the seat alone? I have know idea. Never done anything like this. All i know is i would like a taller seat and kinda keep the indy wedge look, but i havent ruled out a newer style seat. Im pretty mechanical and been told im a good mechanic, so i can handle most issues. Just wondering before i start buying shit to do this. once again, thanks ya'll!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Yes if you install an edge seat you'll need a tank. I've got an edge tank if you need it Brian, I was actually going to do that to my RXL but never did.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would for sure use the Edge tank, this way you don't have to rig anything, it will all fit together like factory. Here is a picture of the two different styles of oil tanks,the one on the left is the one you need they are held on by one bolt, very easy change. 2010768218996_23919.jpg

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GotMud said:
Yes if you install an edge seat you'll need a tank. I've got an edge tank if you need it Brian, I was actually going to do that to my RXL but never did.
Was that the extra seat and tank you tried sending home with me last time? If so, i will want them. To SS i have the type of oil bag on the left on both sleds.

·
Registered
148 Posts
To SS i have the type of oil bag on the left on both sleds.
[/quote]

Thats great it will make the switch that much easier, just when you go to put the EDGE tank in make sure the oil is the right one. Looking down from the top both tanks look the same. Good luck if you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just thought of something, didnt they make wedges to raise the seat in the rear of the machine to gain seat height? If so does anyone still manufacture them. I would probally be the easiest and most cost effective. Just a thought, thanks for any info ya'll.

·
Registered
148 Posts
BrianLee said:
Just thought of something, didnt they make wedges to raise the seat in the rear of the machine to gain seat height? If so does anyone still manufacture them. I would probally be the easiest and most cost effective. Just a thought, thanks for any info ya'll.
I have one I'll sell you cheap.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ssracing said:
BrianLee said:
I have one I'll sell you cheap.
How thick and whats cheap?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'll cut you a slice of foam Brian, any thickness you like. $220 shipped to your door?[beatup]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks brother, thats a heller deal! Thats some sh*t Harry would come up with. Hey you got any front bumpers laying around the house for wedge(94) for the RXL?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'll sell it to you for $25 shipped. I bought it from a guy who extended his track and made a homemade cooler, so he made two cuts in it for his cooler. I was going to just cover the back of it with a thin piece of plastic but never got around to it. It has just been sitting on the shelf taking up space, I'll post some pics of it for you.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please do and thanks, i apperciate it.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
No my front bumpers are gone, I have a couple rear bumpers though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GotMud said:
No my front bumpers are gone, I have a couple rear bumpers though.
Im good on rear bumpers, still need to replace the bumper on the RXL after the fence post incedant from last winter. [beatup]

jesse500 said:
edge seat and tank.

20107822193975_23162.jpg
20107822195632_23162.jpg
Whats a realistic price for a edge seat and tank? That does look sharp!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts