Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm suspected to have a secondary clutch problem (possiabaly a week spring?) that is leading to bogging under load. Is this easy to determine by inspecting the clutch? I'm a little new to engine diagnosis and repair and have never taken a clutch apart before. What am I in for? Do I need special tools like a clutch puller? Anyone have a diagram or a link that would be of use? This is on an '89 Indy 340.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am new to clutch's, however with these guys assistance it was quite easy. I have a 90 650 and to remove the secondary, just simply remove the bolt and the clutch slides off. You might have to tap lightly with a rubber mallet.

Once off, flip it over and it has a snap ring. Remove that and all comes appart. Just remember which hole the spring is in. Also when it comes to putting it back together, you have to preload the spring. (Twist I believe the helix one turn prior to putting it back together. Hope this helps.

CD

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you suspect a weak spring then tighten it up a notch or two and see how she runs. If it revs without going really fast, you went too far. Heres a link that may help you. I know it isn't the same sled but the clutches are all the same. http://www.partsland.com./index.cgi?N=1044660663-4504&P=SB-1994-CLASSIC-DRIVEN-CLUTCH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts