Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this thing is driving me bonkers. I dont have any help and I dont have any special tool to hold it in and turn it.

How in the world do I get this thing back together with any type of tension on the spring?

Im attempting to put in an EPI Orange and its a bytch.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Got any c clamps. I use them to hold the clutch as I turn the helix and push it in. Only need to get it turned over 1 set of ramps for the preload.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Get a friend hod it for you

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Remember you need to turn the helix a third turn before you try and get it in the secondary. Turn the helix as far as you can and then push the helix in the secondary. Once you get the helix pushed in, try to use the pressure the spring puts on the helix against the buttons on the secondary to help you hold it down. Another thing you can do is step on the helix with one foot (to compress it) while you have the secondary on a folded towel/blanket of a piece of cardboard to protect it. It may get frustrating but keep trying new things and don't let it win.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
The spring is going to want to push out not help you in any way.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Well it worked for me and i'm saying no more because then I will get pissy at you.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I am not saying it won't work. Just saying that the spring will want to push out not help you push/pull in the helix.
What works for some, don't work for others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts