Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how putting the spring for the secondary clutch changes its preformance.

For instance.....Say I'm my engine is only turning 7500 when wide open and it should be closer to 8500.... would I move the spring towards a lower number or a higher number.

Thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
moving the sec spring is not going to do it,going from 1-4 MIGHT get 150.Higher # more spring tension ,need to go to lighter weights,or more finish pressure on your primary.also shallower helix finish angle.make sure your primary spring isn,t broken,and the clutches are in good shape,
adjust your sec for up shift and back shift
and your primary for rpm

·
Registered
167 Posts
not sure what kinda sled you ride but i was told that changing the helix angle minus 4 degrees, and using the next firmer spring up, is a good setup, that came from black magic, but im sure it probally works for all sleds.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THat was a hypothetical RPM's above..... I guess I chosee to big of a differance..... Anyhow... It's sounding like if you move the spring to a higher numbered hole it will in turn raise the RPMs at wide open... Right? Is this all that is effected (RPM's) by moving the Spring to different holes ???

Thanks for the quick responses!!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
normaly you adjust to different holes for trail or lake racing,higher # for a better back shift after coming out of corners in the trails,and a little faster throttle response,or a lower # for faster upshift for racing with a full shift out ,where you don,t need a good bach shift

·
Registered
253 Posts
I changed mine and got a 500 rpm difference I went from 2nd to 3rd hole so I think its more then 150 I am changing it back so I will let you know what happened

1 - 6 of 6 Posts