Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out doing a little riding out on the lake today. Sled ran great all day. We pulled off and I rode up behind my dad and shut it down. Well, I wanted to leave, but he didn't so I put it in reverse. She wouldn't go. So, I had my dad move and I put it in foward. She still wouldn't go. I open the hood and look at the clutches. The clutch is turning like it's suppose to, but it is burning up the belt. Looking closer I found out that the secondary clutch was not moving. I took off the belt and tried moving the secondary myself. Wouldn't budge, like it was jammed or something. So, the sencondary wouldn't move and the track is stuck. Lifted it onto the trailer and it has been there ever since. I think it might be stuck between gears or the gears are jammed not sure, but need help. Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
best thing 2 do is just tear into it,have ur dad help tho.take the cover off of the chain case and inspect it.remove the drive gear and see if the track will rotate,i seen 1 guy sell his sled real cheap because it locked up,the guy who bought it removed a big rock from the track skid frame!while u have it apart inspect all jack shaft bearings and drive bearings.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found out the problem, and it had nothing to do with the chaincase or the clutches. I looked closer at the track and saw that the sliders were melted right to the track keeping it from moving. It was a warm day and I guess the hard packed snow didn't do much for cooling down the sliders. Looks like I get to put on some new sliders instead.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
First thought after reading your post, Did that 3-4 years ago. Was gonna make the suggestion you check it but looks like you have it under control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts