Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 96 Ultra SP. How does a stronger spring in the secondary affect my sled. I have a blue spring in the primary and a weak, stock red spring in the secondary. It is very easy to move the sheave just by pushing down on the belt. I have a silver spring available that is quite a bit beefier. Also, the deflection adjuster is ineffective. Which setting moves the sheaves together 1 or 5? Thanks

·
Registered
814 Posts
A stiffer spring in your secondary will improve your backshift. As far as the cam adjuster on the clutch- the lower numbers decrease sheave clearance (decrease belt deflection). Check your deflection and decide where you want to go but make small adjustments. I just got done adjusting my clutch and moving only one number changed the deflection by 1".

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I move mine and I can't see that it does anything. I think I have a weak spring because when I push down on the belt the sheave moves. I have another stock red spring and a beefier silver spring.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Throw that red spring away they are good for speed run but not for trail riding, use a gold or silver.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Originally posted by MoJuice
[br]I move mine and I can't see that it does anything. I think I have a weak spring because when I push down on the belt the sheave moves. I have another stock red spring and a beefier silver spring.
You won't see any change in the adjustment until you run it and spin the clutch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts