Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has a 99 SRX 700, and tonight when we were out riding his secondary stuck open. He put a new belt on before we went, same belt # as the one he took off. We were riding in about a foot or so of powder. Said that his rpm's were up from what they normaly are. We stopped and changed the belt and put the old one back on and it was fine. Anybody have any idea whats going on with it. When we stopped the first time and saw that it was stuck open I picked up the back end he gave it gas, let off and it closed. Shut the hood and he went to take off it just opened back up.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Just a few possibilies here, but maybe a broken spring in the secondary, or something could also be binding among some of the internal parts or bushings. Hard to say without taking it apart. Did you notice any loss of performance, specifically backshifting? (a.k.a. downshifting) Just some of my first thoughts.

Let it snow!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just a thought. If you lock up the brake and skid to a stop, the secondary will still be in the position it was running at before you stopped. It will stay there till you take off again, and if you gas it hard when in this wrong position it will bog till it sorts itself out .If you coast to a stop and the secondary sticks you should look at the spring,buttons, helix, and bushings for the cause.

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Send some of that snow my way!

sorry no idea, can't help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts