Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think my clutch has ever been off of my 88 650 with8k miles lol. I've tried a breaker bar and then the impact cranked to the max. Any ideas

·
Registered
85 Posts
Moparfever4ever said:
I don't think my clutch has ever been off of my 88 650 with8k miles lol. I've tried a breaker bar and then the impact cranked to the max. Any ideas
spray it down with penetrating lube/oil grab a beer drink beer spray again grab beer repeat for a six pack or so and give it a try again see what happens patience i myself have little of it so i need to walk away for a bit sometimes and grab a beer cool off good luck

·
Registered
916 Posts
your turning it counter-clockwise eh? If a six pack doesn't work get a bigger breaker bar...a 3ft pipe on the end of a johnson bar should work.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, your kiding right... I dont wanna risk braking the clutch basket or bending the crank or snapping the bolt. I havn't tried any squirl piss yet but I have thought about heating it, obviously my crank seal and spider shim would be toast but at least the damn clutch would be off. I just might need a dirty thirty to get this one off lol. I cant wait to see how much fun it'll be geting the actual clutch off. That is if the bolt dosn't defeat me first [ace][baldy][beerbelly][ace][baldy][beerbelly][jerko][kboom]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I've never seen a 500 lb 3/8" gun... Half inch yeah, that should do it.

Just as a stupid suggestion, you're going the correct direction?

Mebbe you can try switching directions a few times to get it to break free in the other direction?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
$10 at a shop n they will pull it off. dont break it with pry bars and your generic pullers. if it breaks then your at square one with getting a new clutch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can get the bolt to move a 1/4 of a turn now, enough to were I can just barely spin the washer w/ my fingers. I backed it in and out about 15 times and it still only wants to turn 90deg and then stops. hopefully the squirle piss will seep through a lil better now with the washer loose. I wounder, did the old clutch's have the two o-rings to keep the bolt dry. My 95 600 clutch did and I see why now.

Is it ok to use a prybar to keep the clutch from turning when you have as stubborn of a bolt as I do. I'm afraid of cracking or distorting the basket. I think air will be my best option in this situation, Dont you? I think I just need more air is all. My impact is a 1/2 not 3/8 btw, that was a typo. Yea, a 500lb 3/8 would be one badass air ratchet haha.

If I do end up trashing my clutch, will a 95 440 clutch fit my 650 nose? Of course I'd need the 650 weights, but are they both just std P-85 clutches.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Put a heater hose around the prybar.

It won't keep the basket from warping, but it will keep the cosmetic damage down.. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts