Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I got a new one for you. I recently posted a topic about why my disk brake was really hot and pulling hard when I was riding. Well it was the disk brake. I have removed the brake pads, they are a little rough looking, but they should work still. But the true question is on how to free them up. I was told to spray DW-40 or a penetrating oil on the pistons. Also when I squeeze the brake lever, the pistons do not return, they stop at there farthest point, therefore if I keep squeezing the brake lever it will keep going out. Any ideas? If I bleed the caliper, will it relieve pressure?

Thanks

1,792 Posts
Check for a collapse brake hose. That will stop the fluid from flowing back from the brake. Also, I know the Polaris will a lot of times need to have the brake assembly replaced because they go bad. Was that way with our 4x4. Take it apart and make sure there isn't rust holding up the caliper. You may have to grease the slides up like you sometimes have to with cars and keep working it back and forth to free it up.

And get new brake disks when you have it fixed. I wouldn't trust those prior overheated pads for stopping.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay I will check for the collapse brake hose in the morning. I will consider new brake disk and pads but I don't use the brakes all that much so, but I will look into it.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts