Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my sled on its first ride. The first day it ran great every thing was working and running awesome. The 2nd day i started riding and just about 1/4 mile down the rode the engine shut off and the track locked up. I tried pulling it over and basically i just about broke off the handle trying to. Its an awesome way to start off a season.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I feel your pain on that. My 3rd year riding my motor blew 3 times thanks to a faulty water pump. Hopefully you get it back together and running again soon!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Was it out of oil how did it happen??

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If you started it cold and immediately ripped, it's probably a cold seizure and minimal damage.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
sledcrusher said:
I feel your pain on that. My 3rd year riding my motor blew 3 times thanks to a faulty water pump. Hopefully you get it back together and running again soon!

Didn't havent a temp gauge or a over-heat light on your sled? Most sleds come with a stock one

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The_Mad_Warrior said:
sledcrusher said:

Didn't havent a temp gauge or a over-heat light on your sled? Most sleds come with a stock one
The water pump impeller was nylon and would melt. It was attached to the shaft and it would lock up where it meets the crank.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Did the motor seize up?A buddy of mine had the primary clutch lock fully shifted out on a 02 800 renegade skidoo.Acted the same way.

·
Registered
538 Posts
check all the oil lines. we had a yami exciter lock up because the oil line from the tank to the pump cracked while riding and the motor seized from not having any oil going into it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
If you started it cold and immediately ripped, it's probably a cold seizure and minimal damage.
I started her before i even put on my gear so she would warm up by the time i got back out.

Well i took out the spark plugs and they where white as snow. So she leaned out and now i have to figure out why.
Once i get it into the shop ill start taking pictures of the tear down.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cameron22 said:
That sucks. You gonna buy a new one or try to fix the one thats seized up
I am going to rebuild it as long as there wasn't to much damage done to the motor.

whitexc said:
They run their best right before they conk out it seems. Good luck with the rebuild.
I olmost thought it was a new sled. I was riding in a few fields and marshes at first and then went to a nice size hill to see what she would do. It screamed up the hill with the skiis off the ground in fresh powder.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
White plugs after warm-up would suggest to me that the jets may be clogged, giving a lean condition. Did you change the fuel out of your tank from last season? It seems to me that something happened from when your first rode your sled to the second time that was the cause of the seizure. I'd look into that.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
scumpman said:
White plugs after warm-up would suggest to me that the jets may be clogged, giving a lean condition. Did you change the fuel out of your tank from last season? It seems to me that something happened from when your first rode your sled to the second time that was the cause of the seizure. I'd look into that.
I left my old fuel in because i thought i put stabil in but i might of not. I will definantly go through my carbs now to make sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Well, check the carb bro... maybe a little piece of sh*t it there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts