Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
try using wd40 on the shaftand spray it about every three hours for a couple of days then try to work it loose.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
What ever you do don't go hitting it with a hammer directly, you'll just damage it. Like huffa says, spray a sh*t load of WD40 on the shaft, PB Blaster works good too. Then use a piece of 2x4 against the inside edge of the secondary as a block while applying judicial use of the striking object against the block - might take some time but eventually the penetrating oil and work will get it off.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Than, after it's off, be sure to clean the shaft and the clutch of any rust/sh*t and use grease when installing the clutch back on, this way you won't have to resort to spraying and beating again. This removal and greasing should be annual maintenance, at the very least annually. I just check to see if there is any play in the secondary whenever I lift the hood.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got mine off and it took considerable effort and time...and soaked in PB Blaster and some time with the blue wrench to get it apart. Of course, I had it out on the bench and the shaft dangling between the jaws of a vise when it finally surrendered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx for the advice, I finally got it off. I had to use penetrating oil for days and then some work with an air hammer but its off with a little damage. I just got it repaired and now am ready to put it back on. Thx again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the same thing happen a week ago. ITs rusted on and we just used a rubber mallet and it came off. I also would have to agree us some kinda of oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts