Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested click the link to E-Bay below. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1864304127

He who loves not his country can love nothing

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only used it 3 times last year. I am just north of the Western NY Lake snow and have to drive 2 hours to get to it. So it's time for a 4-wheeler.

He who loves not his country can love nothing

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
It is always sad to lose another snowmobiler to the lack of snow, but you should have fun with your wheeler.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
nice sled...how much u looking to get out of it??...also what kind of wheeler are u gettin??...hopefully honda

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
here is where i must object... Shane sorry your getting out of sledding. Best of luck to ya whit a wheeler... now a honda???? hmmmm only good hondas are the trx's there 4x4s are crap crap for gearing and all that. now if raw power is wanted ds650 or raptor or cannondale. those are the 3 top qauds.4x4 wanted??? sportsman 500 hands down. theres alot to consider what are you looking for?? let u8s know and me abnd everyone else will help ya decide

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
134 Posts
please dont get me started....polaris are too god damn heavy for one thing...sport quads...if u read the article in the september 2002 issue of atv sport about the honda 250ex tortue test u will see what hell honds can go through and can get back up and keep running...ds650 is a 650 of course it will have more power...im talking about 3-400 cc range now the suzuki quadsport z400 is a nice quad...but w.e u want...we all have are differences

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I thought I would put my 2 cents in here whether you like it or not and take it as that.

First of all I have driven both a Rubicon 500 and a Sportsman 500 H.O. And I must say that the Sportsman seemed to handle better, didn't seem as heavy and got the power to the ground better than the Rubicon. I am not saying that the Rubicon isn't as good but to me I just found the Sportsman just a little bit better. They are both very good wheelers and I like the electronic shifting on the Rubicon, but I found the Sportsman just pulled a little harder than the other one.

Second of all the new sport wheelers out there are all pretty sweet, but if I had the option I would take something bigger than a 250ex. The raw power just isn't there like a Raptor, a DS650, or Cannondale. But if all you can afford is the 250 ex then I would say that it is well worth it.

This is all IMO which I am just as entitled to as everyone else.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well guys im gonna step in here, as i have a fear of where this might end up going. Its not what I see so far, its what i fear is going to come of this...please try to refrain from throwing too many sparks.

Thanks guys,

ToU

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i can relate to your no-snow delima, here in western PA. we only got 1 ridable snow, i ride dirt bikes also so i know what ya mean about buying a quad you can use it a bunch more, i can give this advise, if your used to going fast on a sled you may not be so happy with a 4x4 quad most of those things only have a top speed of like 45 or 50 mph, so you might wanna think about a sport quad,they are way faster and have way better suspention for jumping ect.., the honda 400 ex is a good choice really reliable and more mods than you can imagine, also the raptor is a kick butt quad that rips, my friend just bought one and liked it till he got a chance to ride the cannondale canibal, he says its a whole new level of preformance!, the raptor is now for sale, i guess what im sayin is test ride before you buy, it the best way to get exactly what you want.

if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you still have this sled?? If you do, could you get some measurements off the tunnel and where the holes are to attach the suspension. I have a 93 XLT and am trying to install the 12 inch suspension to give the wife a better ride. The hole locations are way different so I need the height, width and depth of the complete tunnel. Then I need the locations of the drive cog and the holes to mount the suspension. If you do not have sled, please let me know. looking forward to having some snow.... thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts