Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody used them? How's the workmanship?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Cant say much for their workmanship in the shop because i have never had a sled in there for work but that is where i bought my new sled from and all in all they seem like a great place to deal with.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I buy parts from them but have never had any work done there. They seem to know their stuff and build performance autos as well. I hear they have a good name building engines.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
One of the guys i race roundy rounds with has a jan cen built motor and that baby has some power, so i can testify their automotive engines are awesome.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I recommend Indy Specialty in welch MN. Did an awesome job with the clutch on my Fusion. Wish I would have sent my clutch in to him back when it was new...took 90% of the vibrations out of my sled!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TriumphoverU said:
I recommend Indy Specialty in welch MN. Did an awesome job with the clutch on my Fusion. Wish I would have sent my clutch in to him back when it was new...took 90% of the vibrations out of my sled!
LOL!!! It's for a polaris, so Indy Dan will want me to send the motor too, so he can put a new PTO bearing in... [thumb]

Jan Cen is almost driving distance for me, it'll be one to two day shipping each way. (less distance for the jamokes at the post office to damage it in transit)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
TriumphoverU said:
LOL!!! It's for a polaris, so Indy Dan will want me to send the motor too, so he can put a new PTO bearing in... [thumb]

Jan Cen is almost driving distance for me, it'll be one to two day shipping each way. (less distance for the jamokes at the post office to damage it in transit)
This is true...he'll want to make it the best of the best. No pto bearing for me, not gonna yank the motor out of my sled...no way...If it aint broke don't fix it!

Never heard of Jan Cen though, hope they do right by you though!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
jan cen does some great stuff for me. i would deff. recomend them to anyone

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I got 2 recommendations to go there.. One from a coworker who lives nearby, and one from the shop-owner where I rebuilt my clutch yesterday.. (hadda use his spider tools)

From the looks of it, they're on top of their game.

So it got mailed off an hour ago. Should arrive monday, same day turnaround means it should be back by wednesday of next week.. Before we even have any snow again. And we shall see.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I use indy spec. In welch mn! They do awesome work! And completely go over your clutch, balance all parts seperately,machine sheave faces, set all clearences. And do it ina timely fashion, and they package the clutch verrrry good when they mail it background! Final cost was about$ 140 after shipping both ways!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, after losing my clutch for a week, the post office found it and delivered it to Jan Cen, and it arrived yesterday with 3 new holes and an $88.00 bill. ($65 plus tax and shipping)

So I put my weights and spring back in it last night, and will be testing it out in about a half hour.

I highly doubt that there'll be anything noticeable unless it's so out of balance that it physically shakes. If there's a crank problem caused by it, I would never be able to tell since the bottom end already has over 10k miles on it.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Well, after losing my clutch for a week, the post office found it and delivered it to Jan Cen, and it arrived yesterday with 3 new holes and an $88.00 bill. ($65 plus tax and shipping)

So I put my weights and spring back in it last night, and will be testing it out in about a half hour.

I highly doubt that there'll be anything noticeable unless it's so out of balance that it physically shakes. If there's a crank problem caused by it, I would never be able to tell since the bottom end already has over 10k miles on it[/color=red].

That is just plain amazing for a large bore twin.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the clutch seems to be fine..

But while installing it, I noticed the movable sheave on the secondary is wobbling about 1/16", that's getting rebuilt next. When I took the sled out for a spin last night, I listened carefully and it was making noise while riding so it's getting done soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts