Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be swapping the site to a backup server for a day or so then we can format the server this site is on and start out fresh. You can expect some down time today and tommorow for short periods of time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have like a gig and a half of my own things to move over, then about 10 gigs of other things. There are only a few other sites on the server but I have to deal with some SSL and stuff. then reformat, then move everything back over again. What a job...

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
cool. I hate messing with my server's hardware. Ever since I installed a RAID 0 (mirroring) setup, I pretty much just let it be. I've even been thinking about moving it to a remote location in my house, just so that I don't hear it at night.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
hmm, I always find the sound of fans soothing.

What drives me up the wall is we get crickets in our basement. Then the little ****er's come in my room and wake me up at like 4 AM with their stupid noises. then as soon as you move, they shut up so it's hard to find and kill the little punks. Have to be stealth. Use Raid and then laugh as they wither and die.

Cricket season is just starting too. They will be moving in shortly. Isn't it wonderful when your alarm goes off, you open your eyes on your pillow and stare right at a large cricket. That'll scare the crap outta you.

Freakin crickets....

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by confusedguy
[br]i wouldnt be able to sleep if i had to hear that all nite.
I can barely hear it. It is in my closet, and it's only a K6-2 450mhz machine, so it doesn't have much for fans to cool it.

I rarely leave my main machine on overnight, that one does get annoying. It doesn't keep me up though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts