Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 96-98 service manual for every sled Polaris made in that time, if any needs any help. Tell me what ya want, and I'll look it up for ya.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey, cool! Ill just ask if i need something!
-thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey, do you think you can get the torque specs for the heads and where the cylinders bolt on the bottom end for my 1996 polaris indy sport 440.
Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
432 Posts
I know that info is in there! I don't have quick access to my copy, so hopefully the original poster can get you what you need.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been trying to get my hands on a 96-98 polaris service manual for a decent price off ebay or somthing. It costs $100 at my polaris dealership and that is too much. I was hoping to download it off someone online because I know some people have it scaned in on PDF format. I need the manual either way because my sled isn't running and I need some specs to be able to troubleshoot the problem. If anyone knows where I can get one cheap or download it that would be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
head bolt specs are 18-19 ft.lbs.
cylinder base nuts are 24-28 ft. lbs

hope this helps. I also have the same service manual.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've never seen it in .pdf format, but had HOPED to some day scan it at work, as we have that technology there. So far haven't found enough free time to get it done, though. You know that there's sequences that the head bolts should be torqued in, and the diagrams would be so much easier than trying to describe the proper order.

I have read of several people getting them via Ebay, but no idea what the going price has been. But the book is around a hundred these days at the dealership. I got mine a few years ago, and it was around eighty bucks then.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks, that does help me. For the sequence on the head bolts, don't you just torque one bolt then torque the bolt on the opposite side and just work like that in opposites? Also that would be pretty cool if someone could scan it into pdf format and put it on the forum. If I end up buying the manual I will try to find some time to do that. It would be very convenient for people who own polaris snowmobile years 96-98 to just look on the forum and get specs and stuff for their sleds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts