Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a suspension coulpling unit for my sled and installed it. Now I have to adjust suspension to the following...most pressure on skis...middle pressure on middle and little pressure on rear. Never made adjustments like this before so Im lost. All I know is it has to do with shocks and limiter straps. If anyone could tell me how to set these I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
I installed the kit on my 01 ZL800. I didn't change the limiter straps or front shock setting. I have the blocks set to their lowest point(least coupling). It makes a hugh difference in ski lift. Before installing if I nailed it on grass the sled would almost go over backwards, now most of the time the skiis only raise about a foot.
Where the kit really helps is on moguled trails, it eliminates the bucking of the rear end.
I would ride it first then make any adjustments to the straps and front arm shock. I don't see why you would want more ski pressure, that would reduced weight transfer under acceleration which is one of the complaints about using the coupler kit.

Good luck

I just bought a skid frame with the remote adjuster for the front arm shock and remote resevoir front shocks from an 02 ZR CC . I'll mess with the setting once I have the skid installed. I'll be able to adjust the front arm height and ski pressure from the handle bars. I'll post info on settup once I'm able to check it out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put it on because I am having a major problem with the skis lifting in a corner. Its always the inside ski. I was told that the coupling system would eliminate this problem. The directions said to set the settings that way(pressure wise). Thats why I was asking. (I havent done it yet) I rode the ditches a couple of weeks ago after installing it and was still having the lift problem. Any suggestions to help with the problem would be appreciated.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Cats are known for inside ski lift. The coupling kit wiil reduce but not eliminate it. You learn to control it after a while.
Try tightening up the limiter straps and loosening up the front arm shock. This will force more pressure on the skiis.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last year I installed the AD Boivin kit on my 01 ZR 800. I set it up as per the instructions, loosened limiter to near all the way, front skid shock preload at about half, rear torsion spring set to mid setting. I left the front ski shocks at about an inch spring preload. The sled was great on groomed trails and would corner excellent with little or no ski lift. But if the trail got rough it seemed as the rear skid was too stiff and energy was transfer directly to me and the rear end would just buck up and down. Any ideas anyone ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts