Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for twin pipes for my 04 prox2 ves 700 and someone from SLP told me that I needed to trail port my cylinders for any gain. Also he said that i should just go with a single pipe with the following: air horn kit, flow-rite filters, SLP single pipe, torque arm, push arm, V-Force reeds and clutch kit. Or if i wanted the twin pipes to get the set for the 800 ves twin. Does this all sound right to you guys. I mean coming from someone at SLP i wouldnt say he was wrong but does it really matter with the twin pipes whether its trail ported or not.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i was told the same thing from slp when looking for pipes for my 700. basically the single with porting and the mentioned extras is as good if not better than the twin pipes for the 700 with out all the tuning issues of twin pipes. so im running a slp air kit, head, single pipe, and porting for this year and im going to see how it goes if not then might put a set of twins on just to see the difference. but twin are more top end with their powerband and the single is more mid range where people spend 90% of their riding time. go with the single, and porting. if cash allows get the slp cheater head to.

cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SLP says on their website to use Power Dome Billet Heads with the twin pipes, does it matter if i got those or the Cheater heads. There are so many different combinations, i dont know which way to go without messing something up. Ok nevermind they are both billet heads what does it matter. I will figure something out i always do. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
lol just ask for the 91 octane 0-9000 feet cheater kit. or if you want see if they havw inserts for lower elevation.

cheers
[attachment=46198]

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kountrygirl_05, Its also depends on the riding set up your after. For example if your not looking for more top speed just more down low-mid, a single is your best bet however, the performance again from an aftermarket pipe for are sleds is not all that great. Don't forget you are running a factory stock snow-x sled so many performance alterations have already been taken into account including pipe design. Twin pipes would be more benifical for a power hunt, but tuning and reliability issues would also have to be attended to.
You have V-force 3 reeds in your sled already if they are still the original reeds from factory, no need to buy them again.
Also, as I have found, you will probably not need a clutch "kit" as making small alterations to your clutches can be made for max performance after your mods. (factory stock thing again)
Just trying to save you some cash, unless you have lots of it then never mind[:D]
The other mods you are choosing are the same as I have choosen and they should work great for you.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
lol x2c its a 700 not a 600 so a pipe is actually worth it, but he is right his sled does haul till about 70mph and i forgot that the stock reed you have in the x2's are v force 3. still the single pipe and head should gain you about 15-18hp which will be a kick in the pants.

cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, but i was just wondering where can i actually find information about the stock x2. I look at the websites for them and they dont say anything about the v force 3 reeds or things like that. As of now the only thing i know is on my sled is a Team clutch. Did that come stock. The dealer i bought if from was really busy so i just bought the sled and i have no idea what a stock one comes with. I sound pretty ignorant for someone who has been riding sleds and racing quads all my life. But i like to hear what you guys have to say about things.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
It comes with a team secoundary stock, bforce reeds iam sure those arnt stock, if ya wants lots of info go to www.hardcoresledder.com and use the prox frum tons of prox guys in there. If ya really need help pm pockets on that site hes amazing with clutching and mods!

·
Registered
21 Posts
kountrygirl send me a pm and I can set you up wih everything you need, just give me a budget and I can turn your sled into something like no other. I know your 700 motor in and out and you'll be totally amazed. I also know of places that sell theses parts dirt cheap compared to anyone else. Check out my signature to get an idea about what I have done. Our motors are the same and with these mods last weekend drag racing I almost flipped it over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.