Snowmobile Fanatics banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
But like everyone says the weekends get rough out at tug hill i don't know about cobeskill but i'm game either way

·
Registered
241 Posts
Both areas are good for me. Just depends on what is going on that particular weekend. Otherwise I'm in.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I usually ride in Old Forge, but requires trail pass.
Tug Hill is frequently full of freaks.....oh yeah, bring your kidney belt too.
What about Penn Mountain? No trail pass required, pretty nice trails, well groomed, and not too crowded.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
I can't vote. I can't ride this year.

But if I could I would be game for anywhere in NYS. Got trailer and truck.. will travel

My favorite area I have ridden in NYS is the SW tier. 1 hr south of buffalo. Lake effect, great trails, great pit stops. But I would ride anywhere just to ride. And there is nothing saying that you/we couldn't have a ride in 2 areas of NY. One one weekend, and one the next.

Either way, looks like my sorry a$$ is out this season. Hey RipnChick, you mentioned a kidney belt, is there a spleen belt out there? Thats what I need

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
ouch!
sorry to hear that. even sorrier that I know what it feels like.
...about the wreck though, don't feel bad.
we have a saying in the group I ride with.
"There are those that have....and those that will."

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
We need to figure out on a date and location on this thing!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Originally posted by RipnChick
[br]ouch!

"There are those that have....and those that will."
"And those that will never again!" I have avoided getting cut yet, my body is attempting to heal my spleen, but not doing to well. It hurts like a sob half the time.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Being that I am not far from Buffalo, it would be easier the closer it is...however I am game for something new. Tug Hill, Old Forge.....anything would be fine by me

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
everyone check out the SF forum ride poll (new york) and please vote. there should be a thing by saturday to choose between dates and locations. please tell us everything you care to share!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Even though I can't ride I will post what I know..

I have ridden just about every trail in the sw tier (jamestown area).. There is alot of snow there because of lake erie lake effect. There are plenty of "pit stops" to make down there and lots of nice scenic trails. Trails are marked GREAT. They tell you where to turn to go to where. They are marked like an expressway. Awesome network of trails there because all the local clubs seem to work together and not against each other. I am most familiar with that area and could help out to an extent with information on anything I know. Bad part- long drive for most of you.

I have ridden Central NY trails also. They are nice but last year were very bumpy every single ride I went on. I don't think the trails are well marked in this area as to what trail goes where. And there really isn't any "cool" destinations to ride to that I know of. People around here that I know mostly ride from bar to bar and eat dinner and go home.

·
Registered
307 Posts
OK is there not any state trails that go through NY like in MN or is it sanctioned riding areas? I am not sure but i have always ridden in MN but recently moved to WA DC and will likely make this ride!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i'm definately interested. tug hill-old forge region sounds good to me. over a 5 hour drive, but i should be able to make it with a little notice. i think my buddies that i ride with will go also.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
theres another poll entitled NY FORUM RIDE. please fill this out, it should help us narrow things down and hopefully finalize by the end of the weekend

PLEASE VOTE IN THE NY FORUM RIDE POLL ASAP
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34042

·
Registered
442 Posts
articcatmatt,

Where in NY do you live ? I ride the French Creek/Mayville trail almost every weekend.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am definately in. I just rented a cabin at the Old forge Campground for the season. They better get snow this year.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
TODAY, MONDAY 11/07 IS THE LAST DAY, WE ARE MAKING THE DECISION ON LOCATION AND DATE BY THE END OF THE DAY, PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL, NY FORUM RIDE, THE LINK IS ABOVE

81 - 100 of 104 Posts