Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
This sounds great i'm more in for trail riding considering my sled won't be totally broken in( depending on snow on local trails before this.) damn 300 mile break in period

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
well if you come up early friday, i'll be there. we could put the first 200 on it and then another 100 by noon saturday and then it would be broken in!!!! ill even drive it if you get tired of it haha[:D]

·
Registered
307 Posts
If i am back on the east coast from vacation in MN i will go........1 question for you all.......do i have to have stickers for NY or can i use my current registration stckers for MN?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Im even more excited now. I am definatley bringing one other person and I asked my dad to go.

I ripped my sled today out in Sodus area, and its having some problems off the line. We played with some secondary set ups, but to no avail, it slipped no matter what we tried. I will have to try it on the snow more. Definatley going to be hard to keep on the ground when set up properly.

Throttle response with the twins is AMAZING! rolling quarter throttle, stab it and hang on.

I cant wait til the ride! All this preseason work is getting me really excited.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Originally posted by artiksno340
[br]well if you come up early friday, i'll be there. we could put the first 200 on it and then another 100 by noon saturday and then it would be broken in!!!! ill even drive it if you get tired of it haha[:D]
Did you decide were you are staying yet? That is a thought i hope to have some miles on it before i head out there. For the first 100 miles no long sustained runs above 6000 rpm[xx(]. Then 8000 rpms till 300 miles[B)]. Then its go time.[:D]

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I have a buddy who has a cabin that i'll be staying at most likely, but we can both meet up early afternoon. Do you know where you're going to be staying yet? The Edge? And are you bringing anybody with you? If your coming by yourself let me know and ill help you out!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Also since i am all alone on the East coast let me know if somebody needs a ride i have room for 2 more sleds........back on registration....anyone have a phone number of a place to buy the registration online? thank you

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
hmm ill have to look into the registration online, not sure if you can do it. i might know some people who could fill your trailer tho

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by RXL95
[br]
[br]well if you come up early friday, i'll be there. we could put the first 200 on it and then another 100 by noon saturday and then it would be broken in!!!! ill even drive it if you get tired of it haha[:D]
Did you decide were you are staying yet? That is a thought i hope to have some miles on it before i head out there. For the first 100 miles no long sustained runs above 6000 rpm[xx(]. Then 8000 rpms till 300 miles[B)]. Then its go time.[:D]

hey guys my group will be there all day friday also, we can help rxl 95 break in that four stroker

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by micorps
[br]Also since i am all alone on the East coast let me know if somebody needs a ride i have room for 2 more sleds........back on registration....anyone have a phone number of a place to buy the registration online? thank you
Here is NY state Registration information. I registered my sled via fax last year. If it is your first year registering in NY you can not do it online...either fax or mail.

New York State requires out of state residents to register their snowmobiles. As a winter visitor we would like to make your visit pleasant and easy when registering your snowmobile. To do so, you will need the following:

1. Completed Snowmobile Registration Application (MV-82SN)

2. Proof of Ownership (your out of state registration, title or Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin with a bill of sale)

3. Proof of registrant’s name and date of birth (driver’s license)

4. For a snowmobile not registered in your home state, a sales tax exemption form (DTF03)

5. Registration fee of $45.00.

If you need an application, we would be happy to mail one to you, or you may download the form on the Internet at http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/mv82sn.pdf and mail it to our office at 109 Mary Street, Suite 1111 , Herkimer , NY 13350 . We also accept applications by fax using your credit card for payment. Our fax numbers are 315-867-1189 & 315-866-4396. You must display the current year sticker on your sled so please renew early.

You may contact me or my staff at 315-867-1130 to answer questions about snowmobile registrations or other DMV matters. Someone is available between 8:00a.m. and 9:00a.m. to answer questions by telephone. My regular office hours are 8:30a.m. to 4:45p.m. Monday through Friday.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Oh yeah...I will definately be there. Me and two friends have a cabin in Old Forge for the season. We will be up there Wednesday or Thursday. So count us in. Not sure if we are going to ride or trailer over to Marty's that Saturday morning..but we'll be there.

Lakes should be good by then too. I was riding the lakes New Years eve last year...and last year sucked.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
so as of now , we have
me and my dad
indy440
polarissledneck28 and brother
ripnchick and husband, 2-10 others
aja636, dad, and brother
rxl95
catalltheway, 1-2 others
dubstar, 1-2 others
zippi, 1-3 others
micorps
lovethemtriples, 1-3 others

Of course not all of the others and such are guaranteed, but looks like we got a good group coming together!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Originally posted by aja636
[br]
Originally posted by RXL95
[br]

hey guys my group will be there all day friday also, we can help rxl 95 break in that four stroker
Yeah you guys say that now but when the trail is flat and fast i'll be 5 mins behind[V]but as soon as we hit that 300 mile mark you guys will be catching up to me on the lakes[:D]

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Just an idea for Sunday, if you guys staying yp near Marty's want to load up your sleds Sat. nite, and then trailer over to Boonville Sun. am, theres lots of trailer parking at Alder Creek Inn and Kayuta Kwik n EZ (they are about 3/10 of a mile apart) then we could do the Penn Mtn./Boonville/White Lake ride on Sunday before everyone heads home?
It would be a different (and most likely less crowded) ride than Tug Hill. The Penn Mtn. trails are pretty nice, and usually well groomed.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts