Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many upper WI riders are willing to get a ride going this winter. I noticed the number of WI riders on this site has grown. I grew up in Forest county WI, I ride around the laona, crandon, wabeno, and goodman area as its right in my back yard. I would like to see how many riders are interested in a ride this coming winter. Im about 45 min from Rhinelander 35 min from the MI boreder and a good 35 from the crivitz area. Im currently home for summer, but will be going back to appleton for school. Id like to see how many want to work something out so all of us fanatics can meet one another and ride. Seems we have along time to plan something out and work with one another.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I am a few hours away but I would definatly like to go for a ride like that. Let me know what I can do to help arrange this, I would bring a few buddies up with me too.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I'm in Sheboygan. Keep me posted. As long as I can give enough advanced notice at work...... and beg, and make all kinds of promises (promises I don't intend to keep), I should be able to get vacation.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow some fast replies. I too will have to give a notice and hopefully get off of work one weekend or skip school during the week and ride. First thing we might as well do is see how many people want to ride. Once we get the members, we should pick out some riding areas or something. My sled is located in Laona WI and I really dont have a trails as I ride in my area. Id like to get some feedback and opinions on where we should ride. Maybe some ideas from everyone. Then we can plan more things out over time as winter comes close. Maybe once we get the area we should plan a route to ride etc. We have plenty of time to get everything worked out. Looks like a good ride could come from this.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Count me in i'll help you out if you need as well. Got some friends who might want to go. Just give enough time in advance so I can get off work\school\whatever might be going on. We can make this happen I just know we can. By the way how many of you are going to go the Wausau grass drags and swap meet Oct 1 & 2? The event is sponserd by Trailmates. Here their web click on grass drags for more info http://www.trailmatesclub.com/.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I'm not too fimiliar with trails in northern WI, I have rode in the land 'o lakes area near the MI border and that was pretty sweet. The Paulding light is there and you can ride right to it, if nobody knows what that is go to pauldinglight.com that is a sweet ride and the light is about the coolest thing I've ever seen. I'm not sure how far that is from everyone but I have some connections up there and could probably get us a really good deal on some cabins for a weekend. It's just and idea, let me know what you guys are thinking.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds good too. The only thing is would somebody have room on a trailer for my sled. I should actually buy one, but I have never needed to haul my sled. The light is pretty sweet, I have been up there a few times with friends. We have a large selection of areas to ride. I know in my area you can ride in from forest county into Marinette, or hit the trail and go towards the Eagleriver and 3 lakes area.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I guess the snow will dictate where we go, more than anything.
I used to ride around the Lakewood - Tounsend - Mountain area, but I haven't been up there in quite a while.
Will everyone going be of legal drinking age? I'm not saying let's get "fit-shaced," I'm just curious.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indy400 My sled is located only another 20 minutes north of the lakewood townsend area. Fun place to ride. Im only 19 right now, but it doesn't bother me to watch others drink. Im use to riding on trips with my uncles. Snow will be a big factor on riding location. Think snow.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
440racer...i remember weve talked a little bit about meeting up around the laona area but we never did. hopefully it will happen this winter. i also remember you telling me that you know dan and beth because you know their daughter. they live in laona and we often go up there to ride for the weekend. hopefully one of the weekends were up there we all can meet up and have a great ride for the day. keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If I need to I can fit 3 in my trailer and 4 or 5 in the van no problem. I am 25 and anybody that would come with me is legal age too. I'd think if we made the trip in mid to late Jan. we should be good with the snow. If you guys do want to ride that area by the light then I would probably need to know within the next month or so so I can get dibs on those cabins.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Im usually up in the Minocqua area every other weekend all winter. If there is good snow, I ride my sled. If there is marginal snow, I cross-country ski.
Set up a weekend for it and if Im up there that weekend and there is good snow conditions, I will do my best to attend. My brother and his wife would most likely be up for attending as well.
Octane

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Oh and by the way, if you all plan this ride as a bar to bar ride, count me out. Winter is short enough, the more time I spend on the trail and NOT in the bar, the better.
You cant rack up miles sitting on a barstool.
Octane

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More members interested as the days go on. Caffeineman Mountain is very close to my home town and riding area. Looks like we have alot of interested fanatics and time to talk about it. Looks like we could have a good amount of riders in the group.

·
Registered
383 Posts
i live in southeast wisconsin and might be interested in goin on a sled trip. i have a 2 place trailer but i might know a guy that would come along with me. im goin to be 21 aug. 1st so ill be able to drink.[:D] i havent gone on any trips yet. i jus got my newer sled last fall. a 97 indy 500. payed $300 for it. i think it would be able to take tha trip. what u think? has 5,000 miles on i tho.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Originally posted by Octane
[br]Oh and by the way, if you all plan this ride as a bar to bar ride, count me out. Winter is short enough, the more time I spend on the trail and NOT in the bar, the better.
You cant rack up miles sitting on a barstool.
Octane
I didn't ask "who wants to sit in the bar all day," I just wanted to know who was over 21. Most trails go to or past taverns. If the group wants to stop for a while, and half the group isn't old enough to go in the place, that's gonna suck.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We stop at alot of the bars on our rides to warm up grab a pop and some food. Most the bars we stop at will let you in if you 18 and older and if you 16 with a bunch of adults you can go in to. We usually see a bunch of little 10yr olds at the bar shootin pool while there parents eat some food and talk. Some of the bars understand its a family sport and they enjoy the company and the business when a sledder stops. But im familiar with the bars where I ride, could be different else where in WI.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it looks like we have a good amount of riders interested. Hope we can all plan something out and get a good group ride going.

1 - 20 of 343 Posts