Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 40 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by Indy400_88
I didn't ask "who wants to sit in the bar all day," I just wanted to know who was over 21. Most trails go to or past taverns. If the group wants to stop for a while, and half the group isn't old enough to go in the place, that's gonna suck.
I apologize if that came across the wrong way. A lot of my friends who snowmobile like to do bar-hopping. They usually drink 2 or more beers at each stop.
Im all for stopping for lunch or for a break or whatever, as long as it doesnt turn into a drunken event.
Octane

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If I'm driving four hours to ride snowmobile that's what I'm going to be doing. But I am up for stopping to warm up and have a quick drink or whatever. When is everyboby thinking, like mid Jan. or somthing? Mabee we should try to pick a weekend so everyone can plan there stuff around it. I know it's early but it will come up quick.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by Bahlduzzi
[br]I know it's early but it will come up quick.
No kidding. Do you all realize that in about a week in will be August all ready! Woo-hoo. I'll be glad when this rotten summer weather is gone! Im ready for cold 'n snow.
Octane

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I am all for it, as sleds spend all winter in northern Wi(st.germain). Tell me a time and place and I and octane will be there. Would like to ride and meet around the minocqua/st.germain area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That sounds great! Although I currently live in CO, I grew up in Land O' Lakes and know the area well and all the great rest stops. Many of which have made Snow Goers “10 Best.” The trails around Eagle River, Minocqua, and Boulder Junction are nice, but have any of you taken a trip in the UP to Lake Gogebic or around the Keweenaw Peninsula? Gitchigume (or Lake Superior to those of you who don’t know her real name…just kidding) always takes care of the snow conditions in the Northwoods…

We are relocating soon to Duluth, MN…and we are looking forward to riding on a regular basis, as well as riding back and forth to my home in good old LOL…

See you on the trails…

SnomanCO…

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by SnomanCO
[br]have any of you taken a trip in the UP to Lake Gogebic or around the Keweenaw Peninsula? Gitchigume (or Lake Superior to those of you who don’t know her real name…just kidding) always takes care of the snow conditions in the Northwoods…
I rode up to the Fisherman on Lake Gogebic with my family once about 10 years ago. I remember them having this HUGE X-mas tree that must have been at least 30 feet tall and this huge fireplace that they literally could throw whole trees into (no need for the logsplitter with that fireplace, just lop off the limbs and toss 'er in).
Thats the only time I can remember riding up that way and the trails that day were total junk. It wasnt a fun ride with all the deep holes and moguls. A '90 Indy 400's "dial adjust" rear suspension just wasnt made to soak up that kind of a pounding.
Octane

·
Registered
473 Posts
ya i live in amberg, wisconsin right next to up boarder i would go for the ride and i would bring a couple friends

·
Registered
473 Posts
any one gona organize this thing or was it just a thought

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Everyone state your location so we can try to pic a good area.

Im located in Armstrong Creek, WI and my sled sits 15 minutes away in Laona WI. This is close to the UP ironmountain/kingsford border and also Crandon, lakewood, etc. Im currently not at home as I tend college in Appleton.

Let see what we can figure out.

·
Registered
616 Posts
So far people are located in Sparta, Sheboygan, Milwaukee, Edgerton, Mountain, Iron Ridge, Amberg, and Wausau. Ok I looked in everyones prophile for there location and in their posts in this thread wrote there locatioins down and marked em on a map and the majority of everyone is located in the centeral and southern WI so I am not realy sure of a good location. How far do you southern guys want to drive? Below is the map with all the locations marked that I could find from you guys.

[attachment=12080]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Once again, where we ride is up to the Snow Gods. Wherever Mother Nature decides to put the rideable snow is where we'll have to go to ride.
It wouldn't make sense to plan a ride in Shawano County (for example) if the fields are bare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am from Green Bay and ride a lot in the Mountian and Lakewood area and would be very interested in joining this ride. I will do whatever I can to help make this thing happen, and I know that a lot of my friends from school would be down for it too. I might be able to find room on a trailer. Get back to me and let me know what I can do. I know a hand full of people in Lakewood that could mabey help with lodging. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
My "good" sleds are in st. germain. So any where up there is good for me.

21 - 40 of 343 Posts