Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sn700 said:
You guys got room for a tag along? I will be staying at a buddy's cabin a few miles northwest of KP. Hoping to find some people to ride with.
Welcome to the site. Do you ride that area often? Do you know the backwoods pretty well? Our group has been riding up there since the winter of 1997-1998, 4-5 times a year. GREAT area! Hope to see you up there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have only rode around there a few times. I am assuming I could find a few of you guys at the bar friday night. I'm heading out friday afternoon and will need to kill some time while the cabin warms up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Alrighty boys, see ya tomorrow night!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Bad news for my party. Went out on the lake to give a quick test run to make sure everything was in working order and my buddies sled died a couple of times. The last time it sounded really bad when he started it up like the motor was not at all running right. Looks like ripperd and I will have a cabin to ourselves.

Are waterpumps noisey when they go out?? I was thinking either that or a crank. We will see. He also cut out the airbox recently and didnt tell me untill after but he never re-jetted. I thought that might be a problem but he said the temp light never came on and his sled wasn't overheating at all.

The sled is a 2001 non-ves 700 with hot seat twins, reeds, clutch, geared, 2100 miles. Always a one pull sled, and never a problem. I hope he didnt smoke his engine.

We were planning on leaving the cities friday morning, at 5:30 but if we can get his sled fixed might be coming up later in the day. Will know that by tomorrow.

There is also one extra spot in the cabin for Friday and saturday night, and there will be 2 beds if my buddy's sled is not fixable.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Bummer John! Only thing I am worried about is my spare belt isn't here yet, i might have to find something at a dealer. According to the doo parts guy it shipped from st cloud on tuesday, so I was hoping it would get here today.

I did put the registration #'s on my sled panels today though, so I don't get hassled as much by the DNR! heh.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
He smoked a mag side piston. Lots of room in Cabin 10. Give me a call if you are coming up and need a place to stay. John 952-237-3727.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
ripperd said:
One word: Butterflies!
I can't wait to hear the explanation of that one!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
lololololol....."sounds like butterflies" roflmfao

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Well, I'm not sure what I missed Saturday night... Butterflies... Ripperd you'll have to fill me in on that...

Here's the first pics from the trip. I only took 2 pics and they are of your's truly, Ripperd. Ripperd, I guess these make up for the fact that I didn't gets pics of you running out of gas (for the second year in a row)

2008127175656335_299.jpg

200812718019741_299.jpg

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I have a couple from the power lines...
2008127182626975_14226.jpg
200812718278600_14226.jpg
2008127182733772_14226.jpg
I have more and will post later....had a great time guys!!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It looks like a blast! How was the snow?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Darkstar - Darin and Erick were going back and forth on who's sled was louder, and Erick claimed his sled sounded "like butterflies floating through the air" compared to Darin's.

Gas? What gas, you have no proof! haha

lets continue here I guess:

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/83092/display.aspx

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
^^ Do what he said. Continue in other thread...

241 - 257 of 257 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.