Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interest in a ND group ride during President's Day weekend. Redirected from http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/83891/display.aspx

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I'd be up for trailering to Devils Lake area Saturday or Sunday myself...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Im in for sure, I could get a few others

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I know, we basically have two areas to go. The DL area and the Pembina area.

For me it doesn't matter, both will be fairly close in mileage. Quinlan, icypussy, the_Hog (you prefered Pembina region though right?), and RMK-KING have to start out in the western side of the state, so DL would be quite a bit closer for them.

We also have to figure out which day works best for everyone. Once again, for me it's irrelevant.

·
Registered
639 Posts
There isnt really anything for riding in the dl region though, unless u want to ride trails

·
Registered
634 Posts
i have no chance at going, but if you dont mind me asking... how are the trails up there? i mean as far as the land, flat? woodsy? etc... sorry ive just always wondered.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
If its Presidents Day weekend its 99% that I wouldnt be able to make it. I have a trip to West Yellowstone planned for Feb 21-24 and need to save up. Race fuel is spendy!

I was thinking more along the lines of around the 1st of March. So if this doesnt work out or you guys get a ride together around then I would probably be in. Hopefully we will get dumped on the last part of this month and begining of March.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hermie said:
There isnt really anything for riding in the dl region though, unless u want to ride trails
I think that's pretty much anywhere that has snow in ND right now...unless you know otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Blackcat said:
Hermie said:
I think that's pretty much anywhere that has snow in ND right now...unless you know otherwise.
We also have a lot more driving than you do too. It's a 650 mile round trip just to get home where my sleds are...not to mention driving to find snow and back. [confused]

·
Registered
822 Posts
Either DL or up north would work for me...I'm in Fargo, but my sleds are in between here and Devil's Lake, and my girlfriend's parents live in Langdon....so I really have no preference. I could prob. get my cousin to go with, and if we went in the Langdon area I could prob. convince my gf to tag along too.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i know it sux for u guys to drive, i just dont wanna be in a place or take u guysto a place where there is no place fun to ride.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Devils Lake

Updated: February 7, 2008
Amount of Snow: 8-12 inches
Recent Snowfall: 3-5 inches
Snow Depth: 4-6 inches - 2 feet in the ditches

NE trail system - Pembina

Updated: February 7, 2008
Amount of Snow: 7-13 inches
Recent Snowfall: 3-6 inches
Snow Depth: 4-8 inches

I really don't think it matters where we go as far as snow amounts.

So I'm thinking we'll probably go with DL, since it works better for at least 3 people and the rest of us don't really seem to care. Never know where we will end up, we have a whole day. [;)]

Is there any day next weekend that doesn't work for somebody?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'd be in, I havn't driven around devils lake in a long time.
is there good places to stay?
I guess it's only an hour and a half drive for me.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Is this going to be a one-day ride? Does everybody have to get back to work/school/real world for Monday, or does everybody have Monday off? What is the soonest everybody could arrive?

If Devils Lake area is chosen, is there a good trailside place to stay? I know there is if the Pembina area was chosen, but it looks like DL will work better, so far. Either one is about the same distance for me. But I think a meeting time and location need to be established.

What type of riding does everybody do? Just trying to get a feel for what everybody likes to do. Trails/cross country/ditches? Is it going to be a mileage/destination ride? Is it going to be a find-some-powder-or-a-hill-and-dink-around ride? I'm not opposed to anything, I just want an idea.

I have company coming Thursday night through "sometime" Saturday (early? late?), so it is up in the air as to whether I would be able to make it. It would really be fun to meet some of you and ride with other people.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One day ride. Quinlan, icypussy, and me have monday off for sure. I'm not sure about the others.

As far as meeting time and location, gotta get people to say what days they can/cannot make it. So far your the only one that has said you can't make it saturday.

Riding, is going to depend on snow conditions more then anything. I'm not familiar with physical landscape of that area, I know RMK-King has been up there. So him and Hermie are going to be the best at describing that for you. Assume trail riding and if we can find some nice spots to play for awhile that will probably happen.

There's chances of snow in that area tomorrow, monday, and tuesday.

I know it's nice to have a set idea of what's going to happen, but for most of us this is a new area and with the winter weather we have had, it's going to be hard to actually say, for example, we will go cross-country, find good spots, and beat them till there's nothing left and then move on. I'm really expecting more running the trails type riding though.

If we were going to Bottineau, like we have the last few years, I could give all the info you needed. Sorry, but it's going to be a take it as it comes type thing other then date, meeting location, and time. Unless Hermie is a good guide. [;)]

*edit* - RMK-King, Quinlan, icypussy, and myself were planning on going for awhile. We are just the type where we could call each other the day before and say we're going tomorrow and we'd make it. It didn't turn into a group ride until yesterday when others showed interest, so we are still working out the details. Patience, my good man, we'll have her figured out by the end of this weekend for sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Blackcat said:
*edit* - RMK-King, Quinlan, icypussy, and myself were planning on going for awhile. We are just the type where we could call each other the day before and say we're going tomorrow and we'd make it.
Yeah...that's how I roll...[beatup]

I've never really been in/around Devils Lake. All I know is that is basically the closest place for our group to find decent snow. From what I've heard, it'll basically be a good chunk of trail riding. It'd be nice to find something off trail as well, but who knows.

It may be a touch and go once we get there. I will be riding my SnoPro...it'll be it's maiden voyage per-se...bringing the ZR just incase (even though that's not at 100% either) I know icypussy, if he came, just had the top end done on his ZR last year, so he may have to take it easy to break it in as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah...Quinlan hit the nail on the head for me there. I will have to take it easy because I still need to break in my new top-end. I'm thinking leave Fargo for home on Friday. Then ride Saturday or Sunday or both get back home drop the sled off and drive back to Fargo on Monday for class. Quinlan is this what you had in mind?

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Yup...that about sums it up. I get done with class at 3pm...head back thereafter. Get home, work on the sleds, make sure they are both ridable...maybe find/make some ramps for the car trailer. Drive back to Fargo Monday...probably early afternoon.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts