Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the weather being the way it has been and you guys planning a ride in Western NY, why not plan a ride to an area that has snow and has been consistently gettin snow? It seems like everyone is getting discouraged and pissed because there isn't much snow and you can't ride!

ACM, You have been planning this ride for a while. You should look into the Northern side of Tug Hill and Adirondacks. Not the main trails on Tug Hill but North of that. The trails above Stillwater and out near LOng Pond Area. It was featured on SnowTrailsTV. Wide open trails and low traffic. If you are going to drive 3.5 hours one way, just go in the other direction about the same!

IT's something to think about!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i wanted to participate in the ny ride this year but i didnt commit due to the fact that the weather is so unpredictable around cny/wny/sny.seems like the hill and up north are the only ones that get decent snowfall around here anymore.i dont have a trailer this year anyway so i wouldnt be able to go but maybe next year im planning on purchasing a trailer over the summer so i can go north when cny doesnt have snow.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
I am not really "planning" the SF ride. I just started it.

I wouldn't care where it was but I don't know any members on this forum that ride where you suggested and know the trails or the community. Also, alot of members would back out of the ride because it is much farther for them. 3/4 of the people going only have to drive 2 hrs for the WNY ride area, upper ADK would be much much farther for most the SF members that expressed interest in a SF ride.

·
Registered
776 Posts
That would be nice but there are quiet a few people interested in coming to the WNY ride from Ohio. Anything further is kind of a real haul for us and may not be able to make it. WNY is able to please a lot of people, there has been a pretty huge response. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope this weather cooperates.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was just a suggestion. I didnt know all the details about the ride except for place and time. I know there are a lot of NY riders on SF and I don't think it would be that hard to get some people around to ride. Tug Hill is pretty central in NY and can be reached by a lot of places. You could park and ride from either end and meet up somewhere.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For anyone who would like to go...

We are planning a ride out of Wanona State Forest on March 1st. It will only be a DAY trip for us but anyone who is willing to drive up can meet and ride with us. IT will be mostly local guys from my area but if people from SF wanted to meet up that would be cool. I'll post more info later as it gets closer.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
^ I am probably in. And I might even be going there this weekend. I can't take it anymore.

But its supposed to be in the 50's tommorrow. Wonderful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts