Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would through the idea out there again this year and see how many people would be interested. BISSHY and 500fastenuff came up and did the Big Valley run from Kelvintgon, I wasn't able to make it for that or the ralley. A few others were in Greenwater around the same time.

So hit me with some suggestions and tell me if you would be willing to come?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If no one has any better places to ride I was thinking about having it at Greenwater around the weekend of the Kelvington ralley. But that is just if no one else has a better idea.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Bisshy & I go riding the Sunday after.
Last year it was -30 or so, but we still went.

Bisshy knows that area really well & takes us on a amazing tour.

Here is the thread from last year...

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/62678/display.aspx

Funny you post this today, Kim (Bisshy) was in Regina today so we met up for lunch.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is snow falling at home and some decent ground cover already, should be a good year.

That is kind of funny.

Anyone else willing to come?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
boys just bring the sleds and all will be great there is lots of places to stay and the derby weekend works well with alot of people cause then you get a chance to ride the derby the day before and maybe win some prizes then ride with me on sun and relaxe and enjoy the trails i will get into more detail closer to the 2nd OF FEB is the day of the derby . i will post a link to the derby later.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Glad the Kelvington Rally isnt on Super Bowl Sunday this year. Unless the weather doesnt allow for safe(ish) driving from Edmonton, I plan to ride Kelvington in Feb. If not I will try to ride Naicam two weeks later. I shouldnt have a problem getting the time off work this year. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully more people can make it this year!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so there are 4 of us planning on being there and one undecide.

Anyone else out there willing to make the trip up and ride "God's Country"?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
if i can get the time off at the new job i well definantely be coming and most likely with a new sled since ive finally given up hope in my old beast it died on me again this weekend but thats a different story so i dont know that area worth crap so just give me a time and a place and ill try to be there

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are still working on it let you know what we are doing as soon as something is decide.

Put on about 200 miles last night, went down to Kelvington with other 10 guys. Had a blast, we had just about everything that could go wrong go wrong, but it was fun none the less.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
ok lets do roll call.ME and here is link for pledge sheet http://www.townofkelvington.com/trailblazers.htm

·
Registered
169 Posts
BISSHYS REPAIR said:
ok lets do roll call.ME and here is link for pledge sheet http://www.townofkelvington.com/trailblazers.htm
Sounds like a great idea. I wish I was closer to join you guys.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Me!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Me!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
thats 3 keep posting cause if the snow keeps coming it is going to be a great time.i was up to weeks yesterday and there is a couple of old loging roads up there that are hard and 100 mph for 15 miles or so.sweet

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yesterday I confirmed that I will have the time off and plan to make the ride. Would anyone be available to ride for a bit on Friday? I would be interested in driving up on Friday morning, going for a ride and then staying overnight to ride the rally Saturday.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
We are not heading up until Friday afternoon.
The plan is to ride the rally Saturday & go for another tour on Sunday.

Bisshy may / may not be working. I'm sure that if you want to go
he can find someone to go with you.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
ill see what i can do i may take the afternoon off and go ride the trail to make sure it is marked right .

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Diamondback said:
Yesterday I confirmed that I will have the time off and plan to make the ride. Would anyone be available to ride for a bit on Friday? I would be interested in driving up on Friday morning, going for a ride and then staying overnight to ride the rally Saturday.

If you want I can take the day off then and be around all day friday, bring a few friends up from the city maybe and have a few good rides over the weekend.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I talked to my buddy Ryan who I plan to ride the rally with and he cannot take the Friday off. Probably has something to do with the fact that he hasnt ridden yet this year and is worried about being so sore that he cant walk on Saturday! Our plan is to be in Kelvington early on Saturday morning in time for the pancake breakfast.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts