1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the poll has been running for a little while, the basic consensus is

1. To do a movie with some editing from the original video clip
that was submitted.

2. More sounds of the sled's less music.

3. Fade the music out when a sled gets close to the camera.

4. Use appropriate music for the style of riding that is
being viewed.

5. Video quality should be 480 lines of resolution or better.

6. Files need to be saved in a basic format either avi or wmv

7. All submitted original footage should be without music. this makes editing a lot easier, and the entire movie will flow a lot better.

8. A deadline is now set for April 15th. of 2007 this
should allow enough time for everyone to get their vids in.

and now for the fun part. anyone who feels that they have what it takes to do the movie for this year is welcome to make a 5 min. teaser. the teaser's need to be submitted by the end of January 2007. After the teaser's have been submitted (a thread will be started in Jan. for those who want to submit a vid) The member's of the forum will narrow the selection down to three to five teaser's. At that time those 3 - 5 member's will get the go ahead to do a complete video to be submitted at a later date (TBD). One video out of the final 3 - 5 will be the 2006 -2007 SF movie. Currently the storage folder for the video clips still has files from last year and those will hopefully be moved or a new folder set up. we will keep you posted on where you can start to put any footage that you have soon.

Best of Luck to all that take the time to participate. Please keep in mind the format that the member's of this site would like to see in their movie when putting together your teaser's and for those lucky individuals that get the opportunity to do the whole film.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
An idea on the music aspect of the vids - Perhaps those submitting videos should be musicless. Then those involved with the final video can through in music so that everything flows better.

Other then that, it sounds like it will be a great way to make a video.

I do have one question. Is the final video going to consist of only one group of riders instead of having many different riders?

The explanation was somewhat confusing to me.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
basically the final video will consist of all of the video clips that are submitted. However editing should be in place to take out some of the non-essential part's in the video clips.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
sounds like a great idea, this year i will definately have a clip or two

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Will there be any still shots in the video ?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by JoelDodge007
[br]yup yup yup
Thanks for the great contribution!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Okay. I sent some video to you, please reply.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PM sent

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Thanks. I'll see if it's on the other computer later.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
since we dont have snow. i can get some of me on the grass tommorrow haha if thats ok?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Have they made the new file for the clips yet?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'll try to get some footage this weekend of ericks IQ and my Dragon

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Methuselah
[br]Have they made the new file for the clips yet?
I don't believe erick has had a chance to do that yet with school, work, and setting up the new site as well as other things. Someone will let post in here as soon as there is a folder available for this years video clips.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]since we dont have snow. i can get some of me on the grass tommorrow haha if thats ok?
Considering last years turn out on number of clips submitted I don't see a problem with a few clips of grass drags. so long as the movie doesn't turn out to be more than 5% grass riding!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I'm sedning you some more footy

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
sorry keeping mine for my own movie and plus dial up take about 2 hours to upload a 2 minute video clip. might send some in later

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by Hurley_03
[br]is this movie going to be avaiable on dvd?? please pm me with an answer..thank you
PM SENT..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts