Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the SF group ride I'm attempting to put together. This ride is open to any SF riders that would like to join us, but, it is primarily aimed at riders from Michigan and surrounding areas. I'm shooting for a late Jan. to late Feb. date. Plan for a 7 to 10 day trip.

Here's the plan. We will drive to our destination pulling our own sleds to Jackson Wyoming, picking up other riders along the way. This is a group ride where everyone will depend on everyone else. During this ride I expect some of us should be so lucky as to make life-long friends. The plan will be to take as few vehicles as possible to Wyoming. Once I have everyone's location I will regulate who drives where and picks-up who.

From my front porch Jackson is a 24 hour drive according to Yahoo maps. We will drive straight thru. I have corresponded with many different ranches in the area that rent cabins. I have found the prices to be quite reasonable. For example, $30/night per person for a group of four. These accomidations have snowmobile trails that lead right to their door. As of this week there are openings at various ranches that can accomidate us throughout the season. This ride is not limited to 4 people.

The ride will explore all of the trails of the Continental Divide and the Grand Teton mountain range. We WILL NOT be doing the Yellowstone ride, it's just too expensive. This will be an "A" class ride for experienced riders with speeds exceeding 80mph at times. I have read the Wyoming snowmobile laws and plan on doing some off trail exploration. WY Trail tags are $25. Group will be leaving on rides at 9am and arriving back around dark. If somehow our group is more then 10 riders we may split the group.

Interested Riders please contact me ASAP.

Once I have enough people I will start making reservations and collecting money.

There can be no less than 4 riders(including myself). We will be sharing vehicles so if you have a big enclosed trailer or a Diesel please LET ME KNOW. There will be a 'road gas' pool that will pay at the beginning of the trip for our gas in our vehicles. Anything not used from this pool gets split at the end of the trip. This way we all know ther will be enough gas money to get home. I will be driving my Ford Excursion Diesel. I do not have a big trailer.

This is a trip I've always wanted to make. With the restrictions in Yellowstone, and all the other political BS, I want to do it before someone ruins it for me. I hope that never happens, but no one ever knows.

Mikey P.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be cool. I want to do it as early as possible. We need to round up some riders before I can set the date. last I knew there were 75 sleds admitted to yellowstone each day. $250 per half day for required guided tour. And riders are required to use rental sleds from guide atop all that. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Don't waste your time in the park!!!! Unless you really want to ride 15 mph all day. Yes the price sounds about right, i would never pay that! But that is just me!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
^^He thinks that by "Yellowstone," you mean the park. You're going to West Yellowstone, aren't you?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, that's about where this ride is going. We will be a south of the park a bit. I want to see the Tetons on a sled. That is west of Yellowstone.

It dumbfounds me anyone would take that ride in the park. You could buy a brand new sled for what a weekend riding there would cost.

Mikey P.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Well, here's a little something to tide you over until you get there.
200812202016156_16838.jpg 2008122020144515_16838.jpg

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. What's the elevation?

·
Registered
748 Posts
stringcheese said:
Oh, that's about where this ride is going. We will be a south of the park a bit. I want to see the Tetons on a sled. That is west of Yellowstone.

It dumbfounds me anyone would take that ride in the park. You could buy a brand new sled for what a weekend riding there would cost.

Mikey P.
Riding in West Yellowstone Park...put it on the bucket list. Some things you'll see nowhere else in the world. The park in Winter is amazing.

20071151537_16089.jpg 20071151156_16089.jpg 2007115141549_16089.jpg
200711514743_16089.jpg 20071151434_16089.jpg 2007115141618_16089.jpg

Agreed tho, it is expensive. Man I'd love to tag along for a group ride, maybe next time.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NICE!!! Man, I gotta go there!!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
stringcheese said:
Wow. What's the elevation?
First picture is the west side of the Tetons at between 9,000 and 9,500 feet. The second picture is in the Big Hole Mountains at about 8,500 feet looking at the west side of the Tetons.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you guys re-map efi machines or do they regulate themselves well enough?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts