Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hade called in a cod order to shade tree. first time buying from them and the last. i hade ordered studs and backers. they said the backers were on back order till sept 10th. i ordered a skid plate on sale so since its on sale they wont give the 15% off. they said the nylon backers i wanted they were out of 144 packs so i said give me 4 48 packs then. then she said they only hade 3 of em they would send me the rest in sept.and get this since i was ordering cod i hade to wait till sept for all my parts. i thought they stock what they carry i guess not huh. i have ordered from dennis kirk for 2 almost 3 yrs. never ever hade this problem.has anyone else hade a bad experience with these guys.here i thought i was gonna take advantage of the 15% off [:(!] i will call dennis kirk and they will be on my door step tomorrow morning like always [:D]

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have always ordered parts with Dennis Kirk. Great prices/quick delivery/free delivery on purchase over $100. Not to mention that excellent snowmobile catalog. I have spent uncountable hours flipping through the pages.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I agree with the uncountable hours flipping through the catalog[8D] but i have had my problems with dennis kirk, it took them 8 days to get me a piston and then they only sent one and when we ordered the other one they said it would be here in a few days, well after a week we decided to call and then they tell us they were out and they would be in in a copuple days, well we waited another 2 weeks and nothing so we called again and they hadnt got them and were gonna till march, this was in january. but what really got to me was they didnt call to tell us so we could go elsewhere[:(!], so i went to my dealer and i paid more but had it in days.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have ordered through Dennis Kirk as well no problems, but I find Royal Distributing even better - it's in Guelph Ontario so no matter what Snail Mail 2 to 3 days no extra shipping cost for overnight delivery

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i have heard good thing about shade tree from a few friends. obviously they dont know whats good and whats not. one thing i like about dennis kirk is if u shop online it tell you if the item is in stock or not so u know before u even order it. no one else offers this that i have seen except rockymountain atv. but thats 4 wheeler parts.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I know of a lot of guys that have had great luck ordering from the catalogue of Shade Tree. Thats not to say that I wouldn't be pissed if they screwed up my order. Of course this can happen through any aftermarket dealer from time to time.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have ordered from Shade Tree in the past and have mixed feelings. They were good about returns but they listed the wrong part number for a belt I ordered. I had to go to the manufacturers web site and get the right number. Once I had the correct number, I returned the belt, they sent me the correct belt but charged me shipping when it was there error. That pissed me off! Generally speaking, Shade Tree tends to be cheaper than DK but DK seems to know more about there products. I called them about needles and seats and they were very helpful. The even called me back. I guess you pay a little extra for good service. I will definitely think twice before ordering from Shadetree again cheaper or not. I'll probably try DK this year. Also, I agree the Shadetree website is pretty poor. [^]

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have ordered from both dennis kirk and shade tree and have had no problems with them. I like shade tree because the parts are for the most part cheaper and get to me faster that dennis kirk. But dennis kirk has a lot more to choose from.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
get this now. i had canceled my order from shade tree 10 mins after i ordered. once i found that dennis kirk to have the items i wanted and in stock. well i get home from work and shade tree has an email saying my parts have been shipped. everything but the backers well the lady i hade talked to when i ordered said QUOTE all your parts will be shipped in sept cause it was a cod and they cant only send 1 cod at a time. boy someone there sure is screwed up or smokin somethin.[8D]anyways my parts will be here from dennis kirk tomorrow i have spent thousands at dennis kirk never hade 1 mix up yet. usualy i spend between 200-400.00 a pop maybe this is why my orders are always right i dont know.but u would think shade tree would want to pick up some new customers i would think. i spend alot of money on not only sled parts but 4 wheeler parts too.[:D]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by lars
[br]i hade called in a cod order to shade tree. first time buying from them and the last. i hade ordered studs and backers. they said the backers were on back order till sept 10th. i ordered a skid plate on sale so since its on sale they wont give the 15% off. they said the nylon backers i wanted they were out of 144 packs so i said give me 4 48 packs then. then she said they only hade 3 of em they would send me the rest in sept.and get this since i was ordering cod i hade to wait till sept for all my parts. i thought they stock what they carry i guess not huh. i have ordered from dennis kirk for 2 almost 3 yrs. never ever hade this problem.has anyone else hade a bad experience with these guys.here i thought i was gonna take advantage of the 15% off [:(!] i will call dennis kirk and they will be on my door step tomorrow morning like always [:D]
I have got some pretty good deals at www.jrgraham.com especilly if you order over $75.00, but make sure you have the whole order when call cause if you add on they put it on a new order and charge reg. price and shipping once again....GABS

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
All you can do on the JR website is order a catalog. What's the fun in that? I want instant gratifications![^]

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ordered a piston kit from Shade Tree.

When it came in one of the rings was the wrong part, and both wrist pins were wrong.

Don't think this was Shade Tree's fault because the box was factory sealed.

They tried very hard to help.

I eventually got the right parts but it was a pain in the ass.

I did get a hat and $25 gift certificate.[:)]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i wasnt happy with shade tree. but i must admit they did make it good to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I worked at shadetree for many years. They only keep a min stock on hand to avoid paying taxes on inventory at the years end. The employees are not very up on items sold for several reasons. The turnover is high. Most are high school kids. Few are snowmobilers. Training is lame at best. Ego runs the company instead of good sense.Good people get chased away because they do not want to pay them. It is not family friendly to employees. Your best is not good enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts