Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to sum up about my local Polaris, Yamaha, Arctic Cat dealership under one roof here is my situation in why they will NEVER get a penny from me again and how I will never advice people to go there.

So some know the story, I will make it short:
-Put $100 deposit down on 07 Phazer FX in the end of Sept. and ordered $1k worth of clothing and acc.
-Was told 2-3 weeks max for delivery.
-Time goes by and they say it should be here anyday, if not this week, the next....
-More time, same story, no one has them, no one can get them, no one will trade them if they have them, etc......
-2 months go by, still unknown where it is at or when it will come here. Told the same story each time.
-I walk into a different dealership in Brainerd, they have 2 on the floor, more coming the day after too.
-I call Bemidji, same B.S. so I purchased sled, trailer, clothes, acc. in Brainerd.

Now here is where it gets interesting:

-Go to Bemidji, they give me a $100 gift certificate, to use at their store, and tell me I can use it towards the clothes and acc. I inform them I don't need them since I got them cheaper at Brainerd, and offer to allow them to keep my $100, I just wanted my sled before it snowed. Now in my head I am like, if you guys keep this, I will not buy anything here again, I got the run around too long, and I have 3 Polaris sleds and a Yamaha that I will need to shop for as well as friends. The stuff I orderd was normal stuff that should be stocked anyways, and I had already bought and taken home the largest item and some others, so it wasn't that much left.

So the sales goes and talks to the parts guys, and they come back and say everything is fine and cool, keep the GC use it as I wish, no problems with the gear. Well I spend $37 of it and leave, thinking I will gladly return there, only if they talk to me, that time the parts guys wouldn't say a word.

So Monday this week I go back there to do some Christmas shopping and parts ordering. I walk in and one sales greets me nicely, then the guy I was dealing with is with customers, stops taling and yells my name, and says "We need to keep the remaining balance on your gift certificate for re-stocking fees on the stuf you purchased" I am like, really? He says they need to ship the stuff back, I am like, but why not sell it, it's items that are common and people will want them, "there is no need for them around here" and says it's just easier that way... In my head, I am like, what a bunch of crap!

If I wasn't in uniform I would have spoke my mind on the place, they have been shady for years, everyone knows it, the cheapest dealership around, and customer service is nill, there are soo many stories floating around town at why to NOT ever shop there.

So the service guy was nice, talks to me and I dropped my friend's F7 off, and I pull my GC out of my wallet and slap it down on the counter and leave.

Never will I spend a penny there, I will go to Walker, Bagley, Grand Forks for my Polaris needs, and Brainerd and Grand Forks for my Yamaha needs. So I happend to order more stuff in Brainerd the next day!

Had to vent!

-Skip

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
dude sounds rough..man i would be p!$$ed.....i totally agree with you on not sppending another dime there...any smart dealer woudl keep those items in just so theyy wouldnt have to reorder them later if a customer wanted themm...talk about a bunch of @$$holes...man it gets me mad....i need to vent..lol

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Sound like the yamaha shop my brother goes to. For yamaha clothes he has to wait weeks. Parts unlimited stuff is a few days. The yamaha warehouse is only a few hours away.

Main reason I will not buy a yamaha. There warehouse is slower than crap running up hill or they wait till they have a semi full then oull out. What ever the reason I won't buy from them. Atleast with my polaris stuff I can get it in a week if not sooner.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
In uniform? Must work as a cop or over at the Air Force base? Was visiting relatives there back in '77. That was 1977.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Glad I have a great dealer that treats me right the first time, gotta give my hats off to the crew at ERPAC. :)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The closest air force base is 140 miles away, I'm no tin Grand Forks, but Revolutions Polaris/Yamaha is nice over there!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I been there a few times and have had great service, but for clothes and parts, never for large purchases.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ive go to revolutions about once a month. Its a great looking place. have boughtn a ditbike there. they were very good. Ive also been to the Sports Centre in Bemidji. bought a dirtbike there too. They werent very good except for the sales guy we dealt with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts