Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Haven't been up there yet at all. Dont know if I'll have time. Going to Texas in the middle of Feburary, and to Two Top at the end of Feb. for 5 days and 6 nights.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I've been wondering how the marsh is. Any idea how thick the ice is, or any spots (besides the icy corners) to watch out for?
I'd like to drag a friend out there sometime next week, but she's had a couple bad experiences with ice in the past.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
idk if u want to go this week because its exposed to be very cold but we ran acrossed the lake and it was fine and everything is ggood but on the sides of the channel it gets soft.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I just saw this on a local trail conditions page....

*** Riding on the Marsh is NOT recomended.*** ATV breaks though ice on 1/30/07...Operator rescued !!!!!

Maybe I'll wait a couple days before I go out there.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it was fine for me but this weekend will make alot of ice due to cold weather but it doesnt help with the radar runs on sunday

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I doubt the radar run will effect the ice any.
I think when it warms up just a little, I'll take a ride out there. The marsh gets boring after a while, but "any port in a storm," as they say.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I wish the north ditch and main ditch would actually connect without having to weave through trees, ruts, and stumps.
I'm thinking of a Thursday morning ride.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Well, Thursday is here, but I don't have the truck today. I guess I'll either go tomorrow or maybe on the weekend for a bit.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Well, I found out how/why the guy with the ATV broke through. He was riding by the cat tails. I guess the ice does not freeze up well near cat tails. I never knew that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts