Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 honda 400ex the red one what do u guys us to shine it up it gets dull from washing it so much i heard there are things that work just curious what works for some of u guys thanx

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
just dont wash it and you wont notice it getting dull lol just kidding[:D]all i use is
hot water and simple green..i dont use a high pressure washer it peels off the stickers,and isnt to good for your chain..

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm gonna be trying some of the PC Racing Plastic renew on my 01 Sportsman 500 (also red) once it warms up a bit here... from all the tests I've read on it, it does a bang-up job, but takes a Sh!tload of elbow-grease...
"quote" the more elbow grease you use, the better the final result. We wet sanded for several hours, while deciding to leave a few deep scratches which would have taken years to get out. "end quote"..
I'll let you know how it works out after I've tried it.. thinkin i might keep mine covered afterwards,.. the sun seems to suck the red out pretty quick..

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you want it to look great, try some pledge furniture polish. it works unbelievalbly and doesn't hurt anything either. i have tried all kinds of waxs and sprays, but pledge is the best, try it out.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I use armoral

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Anchorman,

Let us know how the plasitc renew stuff works. The stuff's pretty pricey, isn't it?

Personally, I only replace the plastic if something breaks. Otherwise, damn, it's a dirtbike, and the plasitc is going to look like sh!t after a few spills anyhow.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Definately will let you know pigboy,.. (hehehe, funny nickname, bud)... I've found the kit locally for $25... (supposedly does 4 complete atvs) I read a couple of tests and there wasn't enuff sandpaper to finish 1 atv, much less do 4, and the guy used 1/2 the bottle of the finisher on one quad... I'll be doin mine in 2-3 weeks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts