Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've noticed after riding last season that my suspension is pretty soft. My friends sabercat with an extra 2k miles on it is way firmer. However he did just replace the front skid shock, should I replace mine aswell? Also, good shocks should be very hard to move through th stroke correct?

·
Registered
863 Posts
it depends on how yours/his suspension is set up, he may have them valved differently. you could always just get your chocks rebuilt and/or re-valved

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
mxz440kid said:
it depends on how yours/his suspension is set up, he may have them valved differently. you could always just get your chocks rebuilt and/or re-valved
X2. Revalve and rebuild. All depends on what you want your suspension to feel like.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly arctic cat cheaped out when they made my sled, it has throw away ride fx's. His sled has either firecat or sabercat acts, Another question just crossed my mind. does the center shock play a large roll in how fast the suspension travels? mind seems like by just jumping on it i can get about halfway or more of the travel.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
We went through this back in April.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/114205/display.aspx
All the answer's you need for the ZL are there.

Rick

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
ZL's weren't built for riding hard and they sure want to though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts