Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i need a track for my edge x 600 and i figured i might as well spend the extra 100-200 dollars and extend the track from a 121 to a 136. i also blew out the rear shock at the end of the season. so should i replace the stock fox shock with somthing different? if so what should i put in it. i dont really want to replace all the shocks. the fronts are fine. also where do you guys reccomend i get the extension from. ive seen some pretty good package deals.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Rebuild them. If you jump your sled, you can also get them revalved. Rebuilds are about $30, and revalving is another $30 ( on average ). So $60 total to revalve.

I've heard a lot good thinks about the Tracks USA extension kit. They sell a whole kit ( track, tunnel extension, rail extension ) as well. Or, you could always look into SLP.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Tracks USA sells extension kits this includes rail extensions, tunnel extension, and track. I have SLP rails on mine and they are pretty tough but Tracks USA's rails look beefier. My extension project ran me me about $300 I could of had it for $250 but I wanted to have the fancy 98 RMK extension sticker which it looks cool but I found out u really do not see it to much because it gets covered with snow. I would look into a 1.25-1.75 lug track a 1 inch 136 does not do it for me. I have a 1.25 and my 500 was able to go places were it was not able to go last year.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Tracks USA has some excellent extension kits. It's a fox shock aswell, you really can't get much better of a shock. I would just rebuild it.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
i have freshly recharged PS2 rear shock out of an xcsp for sale.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts