Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the best place to get replacement shocks for my Polaris Xtra12? The rear shock has the damping adjustment but it is just to soft so I think I need new ones
Thanks

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I don't believe the rear shock of a Xtra 12 is rebuildable. AFAIK in Xtra 10 and Xtra 12 suspensions, only Fox shocks are rebuildable, and I can't think of any Xtra-12 that has a fox shock in it's rear suspension. From stock NE way.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]I don't believe the rear shock of a Xtra 12 is rebuildable. AFAIK in Xtra 10 and Xtra 12 suspensions, only Fox shocks are rebuildable, and I can't think of any Xtra-12 that has a fox shock in it's rear suspension. From stock NE way.
I guess he didn't specify what type of sled. The XLTsp's had the xtra-12 and fox shox which were rebuildable, at least in 1997. I just had my shocks rebuilt at $20 a shock, money well spent!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a 97 xlt sp - where does one send the shock to be rebuilt? Are both rears rebuildable or just the one with the spring?
thanks

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Ok, you have the sled as me. The stock Fox Shox on your sled are rebuildable, all four of 'em. When pulling the shocks, leave the springs on the shocks, whoever you have rebuild them can remove and re-install the springs for you, otherwise, I believe you need a special tool to do it.

There are a number of places to get your shocks rebuilt. Your dealer could do it, of course they will be the highest priced (but also probably most convenient). I've heard a lot of good things about these guys:

http://deycore.com

I had mine done by an acquaintence of mine. He bought all the equipment from a local dealer when they went out of business a few years ago. He does an excellent job. His price is $20 a shock (which is as cheap as you'll find), that includes new oil, nitregon, and internal seals. If you need other things like a shock body or something, your additional cost is only his cost, no mark up.

Email, PM, or post back here with any additional rebuild questions, or questions on removing your shocks.

dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts