Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do i get one of those super super short chrome windshields like i see on some pro x's? The ones that are just tall enough to fit a windshield bag in(without the flares). Is there a year/model sled that will fit on my 03 pro x 800? Thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
geta chromy and cut it down.

·
Registered
83 Posts
03prox800 said:
Where do i get one of those super super short chrome windshields like i see on some pro x's? The ones that are just tall enough to fit a windshield bag in(without the flares). Is there a year/model sled that will fit on my 03 pro x 800? Thanks
03 prox 440 had a short windshield and 04 prox 440 had a shorter one and had the black flames on it. You could also make your own like I did.
2010122155833859_28806.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hayesxcr440 said:
03prox800 said:
03 prox 440 had a short windshield and 04 prox 440 had a shorter one and had the black flames on it. You could also make your own like I did.
I like those powermadd handguards...but heard the mounts suck...did you use them or something else?

·
Registered
83 Posts
03prox800 said:
hayesxcr440 said:
03prox800 said:
I like those powermadd handguards...but heard the mounts suck...did you use them or something else?

I haven't had any problems with the mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hayesxcr440 said:
03prox800 said:
hayesxcr440 said:
03prox800 said:

I just got done cutting my stock windshield down....much better looking....what do i use to attach the windshield trim(super glue)?My pics are in my profile[:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
looks great and it was free!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I got my windshield from our parts guy for 10 bucks! haha. My mounts are polaris specific, and are quite nifty. They are plastic, but look much cleaner than the metal mounts, and tap right into the throttle block and brake lever assembly. http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Snowmobile/Pages/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2875590%28PolarisPGACatalog%29&prevfitment=%22handguard+%22

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I just used car emblem glue on my windshield trim. Lol but that was just laying around that's why. I'm sure super glue would work fine. Looks great!

·
Registered
393 Posts
03prox800 said:
hayesxcr440 said:
03prox800 said:
hayesxcr440 said:
03prox800 said:

I just got done cutting my stock windshield down....much better looking....what do i use to attach the windshield trim(super glue)?My pics are in my profile[:)]
I used automotive trim for door edges.usually have glue right inside the track.Just use a heat gun to soften them to bend around the windshield,let cool and your done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used epoxy glue for plastic and rubber(the kind that mixes in the syringe with the small tip from wal-mart). I didnt want to use super glue because i thought it would set up to fast and i wouldnt be able to get excess off the windshield that i accidently get on it,the epoxy comes off with rubbing alcohol before it dries....The epoxy seemed to have worked pretty good..Thanks for the replys[:)]

MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
i will take your black loops!!!!
Im gonna keep them cuz im planning on getting white skis someday[:D]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Watch those plastic mounts. They will shatter when fridig cold and they get hit. I used the metal mounts from polaris. Work very well and solid. I can get pics if wanted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts